View Full Version : Cd Music Capture

Clarence Walker
March 31st, 2003, 04:57 PM
I have Adobe Premiere 6.0, with the Sony Vaio system. Windows ME.

I've been capturing my CD music by using the camera to record from the DVD player. Then capturing like normal (AVI file). When I import to the project window, I simply delete the video and drag the audio to the timeline.

This seems very bush... There must be an easier way.

Can someone walk me through the proper procedure?

Thanks,

Clarence

Garret Ambrosio
March 31st, 2003, 06:42 PM
Visit http://VCDHELP.com checkout a program they have that will rip the music out of DVD using just your PC's DVD ROM drive.

K. Forman
March 31st, 2003, 06:47 PM
I use a program called mp3 to wav. It's free, and very full featured.

K. Forman
April 3rd, 2003, 08:42 AM
The actual name is, Remixer MP3 To Wav. It can be found at www.remixer.com . Great program, best price :)

Ed Smith
April 3rd, 2003, 09:26 AM
I believe you can also use easy CD creator or a progam called audio grabber. I cannot remember all the steps but I believe its one of the easiest ways.

All the best,

Ed Smith

Clarence Walker
April 3rd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks Everyone for the helpful hints.

I'm gonna give them a try.

Clarence

Robert Poulton
April 3rd, 2003, 01:53 PM
musicmatch
Stick in your cd then select what tracks you want to record.
It will save them as mp3. Then your done.

Rob:D

Jeff Chandler
April 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM
Another good, fast free program is Exact Audio Copy-www.exactaudiocopy.de. It converts the cd to wav files. Very fast and accurate.

Alex Dunn
April 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM
The BEST "ripper" I've used is Roxio. You just pop in a CD and hit "convert". It asks you where you want it saved, and three seconds later you have a 100% intact .wav file.

Jeff Chandler
April 3rd, 2003, 04:14 PM
That's pretty much how simple EAC is, but it also gives you the option of naming.

Clarence Walker
April 3rd, 2003, 04:28 PM
Jeff,

I went to the Exact Audio website and it seems that all I have to do is download the program and I'm in...

At that point do I just toss a CD in my CDROM and press convert, and bingo - wav file?

Thanks,

Clarence

Hans Henrik Bang
April 4th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Sorry, I am not Jeff, but I will answer anyway. Yes, that is pretty much what you do. CD audio is 2 channel, 16 bit, PCM at 44.1 KHz so it simply gets read right off the CD and stored as a .wav file with the same parameters. So a perfect copy.

CD ripping has been around for years now so there is a zillion tools to do it with.

Here are some more:

http://www.tucows.com/cdrip95_default.html

Some of them will let you convert to .mp3 files on the fly to save you space at the cost of a little quality. Others can look up the titles of each track in online databases of all known CDs so you don't have to type in your own filenames.

Hans Henrik

Jeff Chandler
April 4th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Yes, also, the program gives you the choice of wav or mp3. You can also name the songs by pressing the F2 key after you have highlighted te track. It also has drop-down menus that gives you more options and control over the process.