View Full Version : GL2 Wide-Angle Comparison, anyone?

Nick Carr
January 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I'm sure I've read a post with a link to a Canon WD58H comparison with the standard lens before, but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help me, I'd be very appreciative!

Benjamin Hill
January 10th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Nick, don't know where that picture is (there is one on the box, but you have to buy it to see!).

However as a former GL2 user I can attest that the WD-58 is worth it and a very good accessory. It definitely makes the camera more useful for tight & wide shooting. I don't think I ever took it off the camera. Another plus is that when you have a large BP945 battery on, the WD58 balances it out nicely for handheld work.

Bradley D Barber
January 10th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I agree with the above. We use a GL-2 and the wide angle makes all of the difference. We just shot a segment for a national television show and a producer called to ask for more footage.. we got into a brief equipment conversation and and I told her I was using a GL-2.

She was really blown away. I felt so proud of our little camera with a big heart! Get one, use it and be happy.

Holly Rognan
January 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It is a great lens. You will love it.

Alexander McLeod
January 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM
At the risk of being a "me too" I've got to say it is a great lens for the GL-2. I use it all of the time.
Sandy

Graham Bernard
January 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Don't remove the WD58H now. Had to buy another camera instead!

What a lovely comment - "I felt so proud of our little camera with a big heart!"

Caleb Hansen
January 31st, 2007, 05:42 PM
I have the Canon WD-58 wide-angle lens and love it.