View Full Version : Headphones for the FX1

Allan McIntyre
January 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
Good day..
Having heard about a slight headphone output issue in the FX1, what headphones would you suggest? I was looking at the Sennheiser HD280PRO.
Thanks...
Allan

Boyd Ostroff
January 21st, 2007, 11:17 AM
I'm using the Sony MDR-V600 headphones, and have no problem getting adequate volume levels. When taping our operas, I can't turn the headphone volume any higher than 3 or 4 clicks below the max or it gets unpleasantly loud.

From what I can gather, the impedance of the Sony 7506 headphones is different, and that is probably why several people who use them have complained of low headphone volume levels.

I don't have any experience with the Sennheisers. But you might want to compare their specs - especiall impedance - with the V600's:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=150378&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Caveat: I'm using a Z1, so there might be something different about the FX1.

Christopher Witz
January 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
v600's here too.... love them.... lighter than the "pro" version... very comfy all day, and someone could scream in your face and you won't here them.

I think the v700's are the same, but the cord is detatchable.

Mark Utley
January 21st, 2007, 05:05 PM
I have the HD280s. They've worked really well for me.

Matt Davis
January 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I was looking at the Sennheiser HD280PRO.

*blush* Call me cheap, but I've been very happy with my Sennheiser PX-250 noise cancelling cans. I find the pro ones too tight on the ears. More importantly, the noise cancelling facility brings the audio 'closer' like a complete enclosed ear set. The cable is fiddly and the extra unit a pain, but the sound quality and comfort are great. And the set fits in my camera bag...

Sound engineers have pointed me at the HD25 when my headset 'inevitably' falls apart...