View Full Version : Replacing Dropped/Digitized Frames

Rob Wilson
April 11th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Just about completed my first project in Premiere 6.5 and have a couple of spots where either frames have digitized or apparently were dropped. I would like to just replace the individual frame so I avoid messing up anything on my timeline (being a newbe at this, I've been surprised a couple of times when everything moved and all my transistions disappeared unexpectedly.) When I batch captured clips, it appears Premiere assigned new time code starting at 0:00:00 on each. Is there anyway to corolate/identify the original time code from the source tape so I can just re capture those few frames and replace the bad ones?
Thanks in advance for any helpful hints (or good natured kidding).

Rob Wilson
April 12th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Sooo, since no one has any ideas on how to do this, is it safe to assume that it can't be done and I just need to recapture the entire clips, reset in/out points and replace those in my timeline?

Alex Taylor
April 12th, 2003, 10:58 AM
The best way is to recapture just the clip you want. If you've got continuous timecode on your tape it shouldn't be a problem.. if you open the clip in the Monitor window and click on Monitor Window options there should be an option that says 'use zero-based timecode' or something. If this is disabled, Premire should use the original timecode from the tape. You can then log that and recapture the clip.

Good luck!