View Full Version : Looking for back-up wedding recorder

Al Kozak
February 16th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Looking for a back-up/additional audio recorder for weddings to add to my 2 wireless mic's. I will be using this for the readers, music playing before the ceremony and to plug into the DJ's mixer. Also, will want to use this recorder when I attend wedding workshops and seminar training sessions. I was thinking on the lines of a CF, SD card recorder. The Edirol R-09, Zoom H4, or the Maranta PMD660. I have a Sony PD-170. Any thoughts? What is everybody else using? Is there something better? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Peter Jefferson
February 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
"Also, will want to use this recorder when I attend wedding workshops and seminar training sessions"
I'd ask for permission before doing that...

Al Kozak
February 16th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I already have permission to record, that's one of the reasons I'm looking for the audio recorder. Do you have any good advice on the audio recorders? Thanks in advance.

Peter Jefferson
February 16th, 2007, 07:57 PM
irivers and giant squids are popular amongst site users here.. as for permission, if your going to a video training seminar or some such, i honestly doubt theyd want u to record their theories.. then again, it depends on which ones youre going to i guess..

i know i dont allow recordings at my seminars, because im representing a parent company/distributor and if they want to sell these or use my material for a publication, they have every right to earn a profit with that, considering how much i earn from them...
Theres also teh fact that they bring in the clients, they do the marketing, they set up the rooms and projectors, all i do is go in and speak.. they should be entitled to a profit.. sorryu im jsut rambling coz im tired..

Michael Nistler
February 16th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Al,

Sorry your thread is getting a bit side-tracked regarding permission issues. Anyway, back on topic the Edirol, Zoom, and Marantz are all popular for weddings and other events. IMHO the tradeoffs are mostly price and ruggedness. If you treat your equipment with TLC, you'll do fine on a less expensive unit for a year or two. Certainly they all provide a quality recording, just be sure your favorite has the feature/functionality you require and meets your useability needs.

And for what it's worth, I own the PMD 660.

Good luck, Michael

Al Kozak
February 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Michael, Thanks for the response. I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind answering. I'm getting ready to purchase in the next day or so. What is the largest CF memory card that the PMD 660 will take? Have you recorded directly from a DJ mixer? Also, what is a good external mic to use? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks alot!!

Michael Nistler
February 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Michael, Thanks for the response. I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind answering. I'm getting ready to purchase in the next day or so. What is the largest CF memory card that the PMD 660 will take? Have you recorded directly from a DJ mixer? Also, what is a good external mic to use? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks alot!!

Rehi Al,

Ah, let's see what's in my bag - looks like several 2GB and a 4GB CFs floating around (seems like I got them from Costco online). With some CFs the R/W access speed and number of writes for CF life is important, but not so for our application. And for a wedding, 4GB should be plenty big enough. At 128kbps MP3, that's 70 hours! And even if you want lossless PCM stereo 48kbs, you'll get 6 hours.

I'd be reluctant to use the DJ's mixer unless I *really* trusted him/her - too many chances for a faux-paux (even though I do have a full assortment of pads, transformers, cable adapters, etc). For instance, on my mixer it's very easy to bump a button like the PFU/solo or 2TK to Mix which reroutes the channels through the mixer - the DJ may be all well and happy since everything sounds good on the loadspeakers, but the wedding guy is hosed. I was watching national TV (Book TV on the weekend) and saw where the audio guy got caught with his "pants down" on this issue; he had everything working fine until Q&A time - apparently his aux channel on the mixer didn't include the mix input channel from the audience's wireless mix. After a few minutes, the audio came back (I'm sure he scurried to get a mic in front of the house speaker). So I vote for hanging your mic in front of DJ speaker.

If money is no object, a high-end dynamic like the Heil PR40 is a great broadcast mic with drum mic insensitivity to take the hefty amplitude in front of a powerful speaker (I have some Mackie 450s myself). FYI - In another forum, one of the outspoken-types chided the propogation characteristics (interference concerns) of the Sennheiser G2 Evolution so I did several tests with the results posted online. One of the tests was with the Heil PR-40 if you care to hear the tone (BTW, the Octava MK012A is a great condenser mic but not suitable for the rough-housing of a wedding videographer) - here's the private link:

http://www.bridgehands.com/audio

But if you simply got a workhourse like the tried-and-true Shure SM58 (that doubles to pound nails in a 2x4), you'd still get okay sound. And if you're a "belt and suspenders" kinda-guy, get a XLR splitter and route the signal to both your MP3 recorder by the speaker as well as your transceiver with a second recording on your camera (via receiver). IMHO, it's a no-no not to monitor audio recording and a wedding videographer has other things to do at the reception besides baby-sitting an MP3 recorder with a headset or earbuds. Others may consider this an overkill - forgive me, coming from a commercial environment where 99.999 percent reliability was required, I'm a bit brainwashed.

Good luck, Michael

Rick Steele
February 17th, 2007, 09:29 PM
And if you're a "belt and suspenders" kinda-guy, get a XLR splitter and route the signal to both your MP3 recorder by the speaker as well as your transceiver with a second recording on your camera (via receiver).I will do this with a high compression Senn e604 drum mic mounted in front of a speaker and also split to a simple iRiver (EXT MIC SETTING, LINE LEVEL = 45-55).

I don't know of any other mic in that price range ($120) that can withstand that kind of pressure mounted 4 inches from the speaker. It's great for speeches/toasts and with some work in post the music can be usable. Very handy for those hard to find cultural tunes you can't get anywhere.

And back to Al...

The Zoom H4 is getting great reviews. I don't own one yet but have done a lot of research and it will be my next purchase. I'll use it for live music recording... 2 mics, 2 seperate tracks - create my own stereo mix.

And I also wanted to point out there are other factors involved in reception audio other than the greatest equipment. I know wedding videographers that do all kinds of things to get their audio including running feeds to 4 channel mixers, showing up early to work things out with the DJ, etc. But I shoot alone for the most part and don't have time for this. I get 5-7 minutes tops and only if I'm lucky enough to beat the B&G to the venue.

I have just enough time to:

1.) Split a headphone jack with the DJ with a Senn G2 Butt plug. Yeah, it'd be nice to tap into a RECORD OUT, MASTER OUT, BOOTH OUT... but half the time these guys don't know anything about this and I don't have time to see if their PA is fed into the main mix or ask them to tweak the volume for me. But amazingly enough, They ALL seem to know where the headphone jack is. :)

And also...

2.) I set up my e604/iRiver in front of a speaker as discussed above. This is my dual redundant backup. I won't ever put my trust in a DJ again.

I'm just saying, you'll need to find an audio setup that meshes with your time constraints as well. And when you start stringing mics around the joint bring lots of duct tape and allow your self some time on your knees.

Richard Zlamany
February 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Rick, what kind of wires or setup do you use to connect the Senn to the Iriver?

Rick Steele
February 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Rick, what kind of wires or setup do you use to connect the Senn to the Iriver?It's just one of these...

This is a lot of 50 for sale but you can buy them each for about 2 bucks. (couldn't find that link though). The pic is right though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-50-2M-1F-Stereo-1-8-Y-Splitter-Cable-Adapter-3-5mm_W0QQitemZ300074155241QQihZ020QQcategoryZ31492QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohost ing

On my next shoot I'm going to use this same splitter to attach an iRiver to the Senn body pack and put them both on the groom. I want a backup in place for the vows as well.

Michael Liebergot
February 18th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Richard, I have used the IRivers, M-Audio Microtrack, and currently use a Zoom H4 and Edirol R09. The model of IRivers that you would need (mic in) are the IFP700/800 series units. But they no longer make them and the ones they are hard to come by now. The Microtrack had too many issue, most of all being battery run times, as they use a built in lithium battery that sucks.

The H4 is great for certain situations, most of all using teh built in XLR 1/4 inputs with true phantom power to patch into a soundboard and/or run 1/2 mono mics in the unit as well. Battery time is alright, not great using 2 AA lithium batteries.

Even though the H4 is $100 cheaper than the R09. the R09 is the best bang for the buck for event videographers. The separate 1/8 mic and line inputs are fairly quiet for unbalanced. Most all of teh controls you will need are on the outside of the unit, not menu driven like H4. The built in stereo mics are pretty good for capturing vocals (like speeches). And you can now record to a 4GB SD card with the latest firmware. Battery time is also excellent with 2A's. It is much smaller than the H4 so you can use it with a lav mic on a person (H4 can only take XLR input, thus no lav mic). I normally use my R09 either on a person or on a podium for speeches along with wireless. The R09 works great with either a high pressure drum mic like the E604, but even better with a stereo AT822 (battery powered) mic. I noarmally mount it on a mic stand with the AT822 as well as a wireless handheld that goes to my camera. There are no power cables needed and as such I can pickup and move it where ever I wish as a moments notice. It takes me 5-10 minutes tops to setup and do a quick sound check.

Michael Nistler
February 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Richard,

OMG, we can never have enough cables and adapters. Clerk, please give me 20 each of these...

http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/products/adaptors.html

http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/site_index_C.html

Oh yeah, get me a handful of every Male-Male and Female-Female connector, transformer type, and adjustable pad attenuators, too! (no one said this was going to be a cheap biz!)

Regards, Michael

Richard Zlamany
February 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Thank you everyone. This forum and everyone here is amazingly helpful.

One thing I've never been able to find is a female mini-XLR to female XLR adapter. Has anyone ever seen one?

Al Kozak
February 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Rick, What wires do you use to split a headphone jack with the DJ? Also, What is a Senn G2 Butt plug? A Transmitter?? Thanks!!

Rick Steele
February 20th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Rick, What wires do you use to split a headphone jack with the DJ? Also, What is a Senn G2 Butt plug? A Transmitter?? Thanks!!Here you go:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=216447&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Yes, the Butt Plug is a transmitter and part of this setup:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=324228&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

It's intended to mount to a handheld mic for wireless operations but you can also have it feed off the DJ's board. You'll need a 1/4" male to XLR male cable to attach it to the splitter above.

I'd also recommend one of these to cut down on the sound levels for those DJ's that insist on waking the dead:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=431383&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Rick Steele
February 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Rick, What wires do you use to split a headphone jack with the DJ? Also, What is a Senn G2 Butt plug? A Transmitter?? Thanks!!Here you go:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=216447&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Yes, the Butt Plug is a transmitter and part of this setup:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=324228&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

It's intended to mount to a handheld mic for wireless operations but you can also have it feed off the DJ's board. You'll need a 1/4" male to XLR male cable to attach it to the splitter above.

I'd also recommend one of these to cut down on the sound levels for those DJ's that insist on waking the dead:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=431383&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Al Kozak
February 20th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Thank you for all the great information!!

I decided that I'm going to get the R09.

I currently have: 2 SENN G2 (No Butt Plug)
1 SENN ME865 handheld mic

What other equipment would you guys recommend that I get? Another Mic? Butt Plug? Splitter to attach Senn to R09?

I will be using this set up mainly at the wedding podium
and to capture the DJ. I will proable not hook-up to the DJ but rather use a mic stand/hang mic in front of speaker. Thanks

Michael Nistler
February 21st, 2007, 02:58 AM
Thank you for all the great information!!
I decided that I'm going to get the R09. <clip>

Good luck with your Edirol R09. I considered getting one for a backup but this post slowed me down. Hopefully none of this relevant for you.

Regards, Michael

http://www.createdigitalmusic.com/2006/01/27/namm-edirols-r-09-sd-based-portable-usb-recorder/

Just got off the phone with Edirol Tech Support. They confirmed that the R-09 will NOT support any external microphone needing 48 volt phantom power such as a standard condenser microphone. To quote from page 88 of the R-09 manual, “The R-09 does not support phantom powered microphones.” Instead, page 72 of the manual says that the R-09 will support “3.3 volt” “plug-in powered microphone (compact condenser microphone).” The Tech Support person confirmed this information, but couldn’t name any company that makes such microphones. Do you know of any?

Page 20 of the R-09 manual also notes that “some memory card types or memory cards from some manufacturers may not record or play back properly on the R-09.” Page 87 warns that some memory cards are too slow. The Tech Support person also confirmed this information, and recommended the expensive top-of-the-line SanDisk Extreme III SD memory cards. However, doing the math such recommendation seems “extreme”. For example, if 54 minutes of the most data intensive recording, i.e. a 24 bits/48 kHz WAV recording, fits on a 1 GB card then the write rate would be about 0.31 MB/sec (1,000 MB/3240 sec.). Even if you double the rate for stereo recording to 0.62 MB/sec, it would seem that most SD cards should handle that rate. The SanDisk Extreme III records up to 20 MB/sec, while the SanDisk Ultra II records up to 9 MB/sec. SanDisk doesn’t report the record rate on the SanDisk Standard SD memory card, but the similar Edge SD memory card records at 3 MB/sec. Has anyone reported negative experience with the standard SD cards?

Al Kozak
February 21st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Michael , Thanks for the reply. The PMD660 is looking a little better being able to use the 48v external mic. With going with the PMD660 what other equipment would you suggest to get for a wedding videographer? Mic? Cables? Disk? ETC... Thanks!!

Michael Liebergot
February 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Michael , Thanks for the reply. The PMD660 is looking a little better being able to use the 48v external mic. With going with the PMD660 what other equipment would you suggest to get for a wedding videographer? Mic? Cables? Disk? ETC... Thanks!!

Al the PMD660 is a very good recorder.
But if you are going to place the unit on a mic stand and use a mic, then why not just use a good battery powered mic like the AT822 stareo mic, so no phantom power is needed.

If 48v phantom is that important to you then I might suggest you revisit the H4 again, as it will save you $200 over the PMD660. The PMD 660 is a better unit, but in your case it's probably overkill.

Also keep in mind that you will not be able to use the PMD660 recorder on a person with a lav mic. Just as is the case with the H4, it's too large and doesn't take a 1/8 mic input.

This is why I recommend the R09 if you are looking for one very well build versitile unit. I use it more than any of my recorders. But as I said earlier, there are times that call for the H4 (or PMD660), and as such I use it instead.

Also I believe that if you wanted to use a E604 drum mic, you don't need phantom pwer as well. The R09 does supply phantom power, like to power a lav mic if needed, just not 48v.

EDIT: Al just so you know, this is the recorder, mic stand setup that I use. I show it with the H4, but use the R09 in the same manner. Everything is on one mic stand that can be placed anywhere and at anytime I wish.

http://www.lvproductions.net/picts/Mic%20Set1.jpg
http://www.lvproductions.net/picts/Mic%20Set4.jpg
http://www.lvproductions.net/picts/Mic%20Set3.jpg

Al Kozak
February 21st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Do you know of any good battery powered mic's under $200. Also, where did you get your mic stand setup? Thanks!

Michael Nistler
February 22nd, 2007, 04:48 AM

An excellent condensor mic for the money is the the Octava MK012A, which makes a great hyper-cardiod for applications such as a boom mic (be sure to get a Rycote Baby Ball Gag and Windjammer zepplin for windy outdoors applications). My favorite dynamic mic is the Heil PR40, especially good sound for broadcast applications (when the talent gets close to the mic). The ME2 or ME4 mic that come with the Sennheiser G2 Evolution are okay, but the Countryman B6 or E6 models are very pleasing to the ear. You can listen to these here: http://www.bridgehands.com/audio

Another poster seemed to imply a mini 1/8 inch microphone input had advantages, but unless portability is paramout I'd always want a *balanced* XLR input - it's easy enough to use an adapter if I'm connecting to a mini-jack mic like the Countryman E6 (although I normally wire mine directly to the Sennheiser G2 transmitter). For a wedding ceremony shoot, I'd use gaffer tape to afix the Octava MK012A to the existing mic on the lecturn gooseneck, run a 5 foot XLR cable to a Y splitter, with one end of the Y going into the Marantz PMD660 and the other end going to a second Sennheiser G2 transmitter - the receiver is connected to my locked down camera at the back of the church. This gives me two recordings, just in case something goes wrong. If, err when something goes wrong with whatever recorder you buy (and it may be a cockpit problem by you or someone else), you don't want be without the critical audio. So the first Sennheiser G2 transmitter is connected to the groom, with the second receiver going to the other channel of the camera in the back of the church. That leaves you one open channel on the PMD660 (or whatever you choose) - run a long XLR cable to either the singing/musical talent; with a balanced XLR, you can run the cable a few hundred feet if it's a huge church - don't even thing about running an unbalanced 1/8 inch mini cable even 50 feet! If there isn't any music talent, you could run a second mic channel to a stand where the couple take their vows (again, more backup diversity) - be sure to use gaffers tape on the altar so no one trips. When you get more than 2 sets of transceivers, two or more cameras, then you have more recording options...

I have no idea where your question about disks come into this (I don't use Sony mini-disks with my gear). However, if I'm doing an audio interview (no camera), then I'll record the talent on the Octava MK012A and I'll use my Heil PR40 with my lips almost kissing the mic (sounds best on top of it, but watch the plosives and silibance - off to the side a few inches, please). I could run these directly into the PMD660 but you know me, I want backup redundancy. So I run these mics into my Tapco USB-link portable mixer, with the USB going to my laptop - that's the only place I use a disk, albeit in my PC (recording backup MP3 or WAV using my PC software). The Tapco has 1/4 inch outputs, so I use 1/4 inch Tip-Ring to XLR cable adapters into the PMD660.

Whatever you buy and configuration you use, let me stress a few points. Whenever you can't/don't monitor the audio, you're taking a gamble - make sure you can afford it if and when you lose (nobody wants to end up being on Judge Judy's TV show, or worse). So whenever we can monitor (as the transceiver channel going into our camera), absolutely do it. I love my Sennheiser CX300 earbuds - the audio is absolutely awesome and they are incredibly comfortable for an amazingly low price; I've fallen asleep in them listening to my iPod and find I can hear high frequencies hiss, etc that just doesn't come through on headphones cans that cost four times as much. Also, it looks much less geeky to the wedding guests when the videographer isn't wearing a set of massive headphones - although one could argue that on the dance floor at the reception the cans have their place when the DJ cranks up the music to 20 dB above the threshold of pain!

Okay, time to shove on...

Good luck, Michael

Michael Liebergot
February 22nd, 2007, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=Another poster seemed to imply a mini 1/8 inch microphone input had advantages, but unless portability is paramout I'd always want a *balanced* XLR input

I have no idea where your question about disks come into this (I don't use Sony mini-disks with my gear). However, if I'm doing an audio interview (no camera), then I'll record the talent on the Octava MK012A and I'll use my Heil PR40 with my lips almost kissing the mic (sounds best on top of it, but watch the plosives and silibance - off to the side a few inches, please). I could run these directly into the PMD660 but you know me, I want backup redundancy. So I run these mics into my Tapco USB-link portable mixer, with the USB going to my laptop - that's the only place I use a disk, albeit in my PC (recording backup MP3 or WAV using my PC software). The Tapco has 1/4 inch outputs, so I use 1/4 inch Tip-Ring to XLR cable adapters into the PMD660.

Whatever you buy and configuration you use, let me stress a few points. Whenever you can't/don't monitor the audio, you're taking a gamble - make sure you can afford it if and when you lose (nobody wants to end up being on Judge Judy's TV show, or worse). So whenever we can monitor (as the transceiver channel going into our camera), absolutely do it. I love my Sennheiser CX300 earbuds - the audio is absolutely awesome and they are incredibly comfortable for an amazingly low price; I've fallen asleep in them listening to my iPod and find I can hear high frequencies hiss, etc that just doesn't come through on headphones cans that cost four times as much. Also, it looks much less geeky to the wedding guests when the videographer isn't wearing a set of massive headphones - although one could argue that on the dance floor at the reception the cans have their place when the DJ cranks up the music to 20 dB above the threshold of pain!

Okay, time to shove on...

Good luck, Michael[/QUOTE]
"Another poster seemed to imply a mini 1/8 inch microphone input had advantages, but unless portability is paramout I'd always want a *balanced* XLR input"
I prefer balanced XLR's as well as the lockability of the connection, but if you are doing a short cable run, under 6 feet, then using an unbalanced connection isn't a problem. If you are going to have to run cable a certain length that would need gaffers tape then you probably are running a longer cable run, so yes balanced XLR ot TRS is the way to go.

Agree 100% about monitoring the receoded audio, and I do a similar thing that you do with a wireless feed from the recorder to a camera. I take one feed from a wireless on the groom, and also a wireless backup feed from my H4's "Line Out" or R09's "Headphone" port. This way I can monitor the audio that the H4/R09 is recording and have sync backup audio on tape.

I really like the earbuds that you posted and may pick them up. I currently monitor my sound with a Sennheiser closed back set of cans, that do make me look like I'm directing air traffic on the runway. But I find that I need the sound isolation for loud reception work.

If anyone haere has a good recommendation for a good set of noise cancling ear buds, then I'm all ears. =)

Michael Liebergot
February 22nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
Do you know of any good battery powered mic's under $200. Also, where did you get your mic stand setup? Thanks!

My Audio Rig is as follows:
Recorder: Samson Zoom H4 (also use Edirol R-09 not pictured)
Mic: AT822 stereo mic plugged into recorder and Samson wireless handheld with Micro32 transmitter
Mic Stand and Bracket: (stand) Atlas TEB-E (bracket for recorder) windtech add on clamp (MSA1)
Universal Double Microphone T Support: Sabra ST-2
Mic stand adptor for recorder: Edirol OP-R09M MIC STAND ADAPTOR f/ R-09

Al if you get an R09, then I would recommend picking up the additional R-09 case (OP-R09C), that has a 1/4 thread on the bottom. This lets me mount the R-09 to other places like a mic stand (Using the OP-R09M Mic Stand Adaptor) or just use the supplied mini tripod to place on a table top. Maybe I can rig up a way to attach a belt clip to the case as well.

OP-R09C:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=437113&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

OP-R09M:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=437114&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Atlas TEB-E Mic Stand:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=283533&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Windtech MSA1 Clamp:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=298906&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Michael Liebergot
February 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM

Al here's my list of the mic stand setup that I showed you. Keep in mind this would only work with a small recorder like the R09 or H4. It may work with the PMD660, I'm not sure.
If you use a heavier device then you would want a mic stand that is weighted at the bottom to prevent tipping. But main purpose for this setup is to be small and stealthy for quick setup and breakdown.

I use other setup configurations for larger scale audio recordings where I use my PSC Promix filed mixer, wireless, and recorders. When I add the Edirol R4 later this year, then I would remove the mixer from the setup and use just the recorder and 4 audio feeds into it. More compact, but longer cable runs and more wireless feeds would be involved.

My Audio Rig is as follows:
Recorder: Samson Zoom H4 (also use Edirol R-09 not pictured)
Mic: AT822 stereo mic plugged into recorder and Samson wireless handheld with Micro32 transmitter
Mic Stand and Bracket: (stand) Atlas TEB-E (bracket for recorder) windtech add on clamp (MSA1)
Universal Double Microphone T Support: Sabra ST-2
Mic stand adptor for recorder: Edirol OP-R09M MIC STAND ADAPTOR f/ R-09

Al if you get an R09, then I would recommend picking up the additional R-09 case (OP-R09C), that has a 1/4 thread on the bottom. This lets me mount the R-09 to other places like a mic stand (Using the OP-R09M Mic Stand Adaptor) or just use the supplied mini tripod to place on a table top. Maybe I can rig up a way to attach a belt clip to the case as well.

I puchased all of it through B&H below. I purchased 4 mic stands as I need them for various setups, different than this one, for when I use my field mixer and long taped down cable runs.

OP-R09C:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=437113&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

OP-R09M:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=437114&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Atlas TEB-E Mic Stand:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=283533&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Windtech MSA1 Clamp:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=298906&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Sabra ST-2 Double Mic Support:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=272480&is=REG&addedTroughType=search