View Full Version : Panasonic Blue Hard case for HVX200

Bryon Akerman
February 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know anything about this case? I thought about getting one, but I'm not sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bryon <><

Robert Lane
February 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've never used a Thermodyne case so I can't speak to their quality or ruggedness, but for what this blue case is selling for you could get a Pelican 1650 w/lid organizer and have an industry-accepted (if not standard) case.

Rob Quello
February 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I got the case, the HVX200, batteries, an onboard light, 20 mini dv tapes, P2 card, charger and a second camera (Panasonic gs320) fit really well. The padding is great, only problem is the handle to use with the wheels is a little bit flimsy

Stephen Pruitt
February 17th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I bought a custom-fit black Pelican case from Abel-CineTech for $275. It is rugged as the day is long and has the foam custom laser cut to exactly fit the HVX, two batteries, two P2 cards, the P2 Store, and a mattebox (but mine doesn't fit). It is an incredible case and I thought it was well worth the $275.

Stephen

Jeff Kilgroe
February 17th, 2007, 02:25 PM
$335 seems an alright price considering it has the wheels and pull-out handle. As others have pointed out, a fitted Pelican 1650 goes for about $275 or so.

As for Thermodyne cases, they're nice and rugged. I've run across them a lot for surveying equipment and other stuff outside of camera gear. Not really any better than Pelican, no worse -- very similar overall.

Personally, I'd still go with a Pelican or something I can buy and fit my gear to myself. The layout in this blue case doesn't makes a few too many assumptions (IMO).