View Full Version : 2 camera shoot with dif. cameras

Joe Riggs
February 16th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I am going to do a two camera shoot, with one camera set to a wide angle and one to a close up. I have the DVX100a and the Sony vx2100 at my disposal.

The problem I will have is getting the cameras to look the same. I will shoot in 60i but can anyone recommend any other settings for getting these different cameras to produce a similar look? I know I can tweak it somewhat in post but I would like them to look as similar as possible when I shoot.

Thank You

Peter Jefferson
February 18th, 2007, 09:35 PM
youl have to dumb down the DVX and increase colour temp(warmer), Also run the WB in clean 32 or 56k dont manually adjsut coz the sony and pana are totally different beasts and behave differently in different environemts.
Do the rest in post

David J. Payne
April 23rd, 2007, 02:42 AM
sorry to jump in on this thread but this advice would be very helpful to me when regarding a DVX100 and this time a Sony PD150...?

Lalo Alvidrez
June 29th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Joe, was wondering how your shoot with the vx2100 and the pani went? I currently shoot with 2 2100's and was thinking of buying a dvx100 but was wondering about the video matching. Did you get it to match up pretty close?

Peter Jefferson
July 1st, 2007, 08:01 AM
Lalo, i wouldnt bother mate, what you have will work a treat, and i honestly dont see any benefit save for tweakability of SD progressive scan and audio options.