View Full Version : HD111 and Matrox RT.X2

Jiri Fiala
February 17th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Hello, I am fairly new to HD/HDV. I plan on buying Matrox RT.X2 card and currently have GY-HD111 camcorder.

RT.X2 has component input. HD111 has component output. Does it have any advantage over capturing via Firewire? I mean, the footage is alrealdy compressed in 4:2:0 sampling in the camera and on the tape, right? Any comment welcome, thanks.

Peter Jefferson
February 17th, 2007, 07:00 AM
from the initial tech specs we recieved, the rt2 wasnt capable of doing720p... looking at the specs NOW, they claim to be able to do it..
Everyone i know who uses the Rt2, is using 1080i.. and no, the RT2 doesnt support 1080p..

as for capture, youd also need to connect your audio, and by doing this, your introducing analogeous noise...
IMO if u have HDV on tape, its best to do a straight transfer..

Steve Oakley
February 18th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Hello, I am fairly new to HD/HDV. I plan on buying Matrox RT.X2 card and currently have GY-HD111 camcorder.

RT.X2 has component input. HD111 has component output. Does it have any advantage over capturing via Firewire? I mean, the footage is alrealdy compressed in 4:2:0 sampling in the camera and on the tape, right? Any comment welcome, thanks.

none with prem pro. to do this you would be taking an extra un-needed compression hit. x2 is good because it gives you some baseline RT, and downconversion.

Jiri Fiala
February 18th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the answers. I am currently deciding on the editing/post platform and I find the RT.X2/PPro very interesting. I do mainly presentation/advertising stuff, which will soon move to HDV. If anyone could recommend most ideal platform, I would be happy.