View Full Version : GL2 - When shooting in low light

Mark Viscidy
February 21st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hey,

I just got my GL2 and I am new to professional cameras so I have a few questions. I will be filming in abandoned/historic structures. I tested out the camera and noticed it had a lot of noise in low light (expected).

What manual settings should I use when filming in low light?

Also, I will probably want to use widescreen. Will I be better off shooting in 4:3 and converting to widescreen with editing or should I just shoot in 16:9 from the GL2? How do I switch to 16:9 on the GL2?

Things would be much easier if I had a manual, but I bought it online so it didn't come with one. Specific directions on how to change settings would be best (although I might be able to figure it out anyway)

Thanks

Don Palomaki
February 21st, 2007, 06:45 PM
You can download the NTSC version manuals (and other information) from Canon's web site. http://www.canondv.com. Click on the download library link and select the product. That should povide the information you need as to using the camcorder.

As to which mode is best, experiment a bit to see which you prefer/meets you artistic needs. The trade off is what the camera does vs. whay yo can do in post using you NLE's image adjustment options

Best bet in poor light is to bring along some lighting.