View Full Version : Render a single clip in timeline?

PJ Gallagher
February 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Before moving up to Vegas, I used to have a workflow in Premiere for editing projects that had a lot of compositing. I'd edit the basic structure first, with greenscreened background footage in place, then render out each individual clip at its edited length, for import into After Effects for final compositing. This meant that I didn't have to render a longer composite clip from After Effects than neccesary.

Since I'm now shooting HDV and have moved on to Vegas 7, is there any way to do this? Render one particular edited clip from the timeline? I haven't found any obvious way to do so.

Thanks
Pat

Edward Troxel
February 26th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Make a selection area around the section you want rendered and then File - Render As to the desired format. Make sure the check box indicating it should only render the selected area is checked.

David Jimerson
February 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
You can automatically make a loop region around the clip you want by double-clicking it.

PJ Gallagher
February 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Excellent! Thanks guys. :-)

Peter Jefferson
February 27th, 2007, 01:28 AM
during render, once u make ur selection, be sure to select "render loop region only"
If your doing basic composiitng, you may not even need to do this.. Vegas is pretty grunty when it comes to compositing and you can prolly do it straight off teh timeline without having to go to AE