View Full Version : Downloading films UWOL Challenge 2

Chris Barcellos
March 23rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Just to let Meryem, Kevin and all know, I was able to download all films except following. Site is not allowing access

Urban Recreation by Robert Safay

Time Flies by ???

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
We have an issue with time flies.

I will sort the link On Roberts file.

Cheers for the heads up:)

Brian McKay
March 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Chris I'm so upset with you, words alone cannot express my anger... anger...no wrong word Jealousy LOL.

Oh to live in the land of high speed internet. To download the movies I'll have to get up at 2 or 3 in the morning when the community is sleeping and then and only then will I get enough bandwith to do it in a reasonable time frame.

Damn I don't want to be me anymore LOL

Enjoy.

Brian

Chris Barcellos
March 23rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Brian: Yeah, Nice to be on fiber optic net....

To all: Prepare to watch some awful beautiful stuff. My first run through indicates the UWOL Challenge is mushrooming into a showplace for some great shooters !!!!!

Rick A. Phillips
March 23rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Somewhere in the crunch the title of my entry is posted as the name on Geir's entry (whiich I think should be "Reborn").

Rick

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 12:41 PM
Ok...that should be sorted now.

If anyone see's any other errors....just shout.

We are going to use solid naming conventions next time...

Sorry and cheers
mat

Chris Barcellos
March 23rd, 2007, 12:45 PM
Also, Ruth's "Wreckreation" has .mov extension on it, but won't play in my Quicktime, but does play on Windows Media.

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sorted too!

Steven Gotz
March 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
Not to complain, but Time Flies is still a broken link.

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
As I said, we have a problem that is being solved. It should be online at 9.00 PM GMT

Mat

Ruth Happel
March 23rd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hi,

My movie, Wreck Creation, was done in mpg 1, which is one of the newly accepted formats. If people are having trouble viewing it, as Chris noted, please advise me and I can try uploading another format. I used this one since it was marginally better than the Sorenson 3 file, but want to ensure everyone can see it. Thanks.

Ruth

Lisa Shofner
March 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
After downloading it this morning, I changed the extention of Ruth's file from .mov to .mpg (locally) and it ran just fine.

Ruth Happel
March 23rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the post. I have no idea why it is listed as a .mov file, since I uploaded it as .mpg. If anyone else is having trouble with it, please use that extension. Can that be amended on the uwolchallenge website? I can't access that website right now, my computer says not available. And I'm probably not allowed to change the file extension there, anyway.

Also, I have multiple formats for the film on my own website:

http://rockfowl.com/blogs/sample_weblog/archive/2007/03/18/wreck-creation-video.aspx

Ruth

Steven Gotz
March 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
On my PC, it shows as a mov but plays just fine in the Quicktime player.

Is it time to start a thread for each movie?

Kevin Railsback
March 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Time Flies should be good to go now.
If you still have trouble, empty your cache and try it again. But it's up and running just swimingly now. :)

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Guys....The extension got confused. Its back how it should be now.

All files should now be correct and downloadable :)

Gordon Hoffman
March 23rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
Mat
I notice mine (GBH_enjoyingsignsofspring.mov) never made it??
Thanks.

Gordon Hoffman

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Gordon....I'm very sorry I've just looked and it is in the directory so it will take part in the judging!

I will put the link up on the site straight away.....phew then I really must go to bed ....its 2am here !

very sorry fella....dont know how that link slipped through the net!

Mat Thompson
March 23rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Gordon your now up !!!....as I say just the link got missed off, you would still have been judged.

My apologies. I've had to change all the naming conventions and didnt have the names referenced to some films....it was a little tricky.

Mat

Steve Siegel
March 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Some really great entries this time. Sorry I couldn't take part. One request for the next time. If I move the little pointy finger off the link, the download stops. Is that just my computer, or is it a general phenomenon? Makes it hard to do anything else on line while waiting for the download.

Gordon Hoffman
March 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Mat
Yea I know it's late for you so I wasn't expecting to hear from you tonight.
Thanks.

Gordon Hoffman

Kevin Railsback
March 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Steve,
Downloads work fine for me.
Was compressing some other video, surfing the net and watching videos with no problems.

Meryem Ersoz
March 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
hey gordon, just checking in to let you know that previewing is still underway, so your entry is most definitely in.

thanks for helping us out with the logistics everyone, and for keeping us honest....this is a group effort, for sure.

Gordon Hoffman
March 24th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Thanks Meryem

Gordon Hoffman