View Full Version : Asking here because...

Dave Carson
March 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I just interviewd a 24 year old multi millionaire.
His net worth is 28 million dollars.
After hanging out with this guy for 2 days, all exspenses paid, he wanted to know if I wanted him to do a testimonial.

I said sure 1 second.
I cleaned my heads with a brand new tape cleaner.
Put in a brand new Sony HD mini dv tape.
HD110U.

We filmed.

Get home and right when he says my company name, the video like, looks like it fast forwarded about 10 seconds in 1/2 a second.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a major client that will really help having this testimonial, he owns 3 publicaly traded companies and he's 24!!!

Sergio Barbosa
March 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
These things happen when we least 'need' them... try playing the tape in another camera or deck. Good luck.

Justin Ferar
March 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Dave,

What does the TC do? Does it disapear or is it continuous?

Liam Hall
March 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Get him to pay for a re-shoot, I don't know what you charge, but he should be able to afford it:)

Meryem Ersoz
March 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
thank him profusely for his hospitality and time, and inform him that the tape you used for his testimonial turned out to be bad, and would he mind doing a re-take of the testimonial. he sounds like a nice enough guy and probably would not object, if you approach him respectfully and honestly.

Dave Carson
March 24th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Dave,

What does the TC do? Does it disapear or is it continuous?

Totally skips for 2.3 seconds

Dylan Couper
March 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
First, try the tape on a different camera, or deck. That's saved my butt before. Or clean your tape heads once more and try again.
Then...
I'd explain what happened, tell him tape glitches it's extremely rare, and tell him you need a re-shoot.

Sergio Barbosa
March 26th, 2007, 02:34 AM
First, try the tape on a different camera, or deck. That's saved my butt before. Or clean your tape heads once more and try again.
Then...
I'd explain what happened, tell him tape glitches it's extremely rare, and tell him you need a re-shoot.

...and record to a firestore or a computer at the same time, and check it right away...