View Full Version : Need to save a bad DVD

Barry Stokes
March 30th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Anyone know the best way to get the good sectors off a DVD with some bad sectors on it? I have some mpeg video I need to rescue off a DVD that has some corrupted sectors in it. Windows won't copy it, and I've tried CDCheck and ADRC Data Recorvery tools to no avail. I need something that'll skip over the bad spots and save the good ones. Please help.

Allen Williams
March 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Anyone know the best way to get the good sectors off a DVD with some bad sectors on it? I have some mpeg video I need to rescue off a DVD that has some corrupted sectors in it. Windows won't copy it, and I've tried CDCheck and ADRC Data Recorvery tools to no avail. I need something that'll skip over the bad spots and save the good ones. Please help.

You could try an analog copy. Let it play back in a regular dvd player and capture the footage using component or svideo and standard audio connections.
Allen W

Ron Evans
March 30th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Make sure you set the read speed on the drive to the lowest it will go before giving up on reading with Windows. Most reading is set at max and will give errors just like a player. If you have different drives try them, also set to slowest speed. I had a situation where the LG drive would not read but the Panasonic would.

Ron Evans