View Full Version : Replacement for Magiqcam docking station...where to buy?

Manfred Dilg
April 2nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone,
does anybody know where I can get a replacement for my Magiqcam docking station? Or does anybody have one that he doesn't need anymore and wants to sell? Please let me know via PM or email : dilgmanfred@aol.com .
BTW, does anybody know if any other brand docking station fits for the Magiqcam? If so please tell me which one.
Thanks for your help and kind regards,
Manfred

Patrick Moreau
April 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
I know tiffen makes a docking station for the flyer that would work, problem is finding just the docking bracket without the full steadistand.

There is also a knowckoff on ebay I saw not too long ago. I think it was still fairly expensive at $120 or so but do some searching and Im sure you will find it.

Mikko Wilson
April 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Note that not all Docks are cross compatible.

I'm not saying that the Magiqam won't dock on on a Flyer dock, I'm saying that it's not a given. Be sure to check it out first.

Both the size of the yoke of the stand and the size of the balancing stud are important.

- Mikko

Manfred Dilg
April 5th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Patrick and Mikko thanks a lot for your replies. I think I saw the ebay knockoff sometime ago. It was called Aichvee or something like that , wasn't it... but when I contacted the seller to ask about the compatibility, I didn't get any answer. But I will have a look at the Tiffen docking station and will try to find out if it fits to the Magiqcam. Balancing without the system docked to a stand really is hell, so I hope I will find a solution soon...Thanks for your help.