View Full Version : The Rationale of an SDE

Pages : 1 [2]

Mark Von Lanken
April 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info, Mark.

What size screen do you use with your projectors (and do you use 2 projectors?)? I have like a 5x5 portable screen for use with my projector.

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you. I spent too much time posting yesterday, so I had to get some work done today.

We have a screen that is 8 feet wide. I'm not sure how high it goes. It's a monster. We just have one good projector.

The SDE we did last weekend was for another videographer. I would guess the screens were about 6 feet wide. The ballroom was very wide, so he had one on each side of the room.

Dana Salsbury
April 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
Hey Mark,

I was just thinking, since you have two laptops, have you considered mounting them to your tripods for DTE? To my understanding, all you need is a firewire port on your laptop, or a firewire card (very inexpensive). This would save you the need to capture via tape, and there is some good info on the forums about tripod mounts for laptops.

When editing later, I think an ethernet connection would be the quickest. Although since Trish saves to her hard drive, I would just unplug the WD and plug it into her laptop.

Mark Von Lanken
April 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hi Dana,

I have a DTE, the nNovia. Trisha has captured to her laptop when the conditions allow, but if she was able to mount the laptop to her tripod, she could capture to the laptop all of the time. That is a great idea. I'll check out the tripod forum.