View Full Version : Probably dumb...but lens cleaning?

Jeremiah Rickert
April 17th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Does anyone have a good Lens cleaning kit for the GL1 ? I know this sounds like a really basic question, but I've never been able to find one that I think did the job right.

I'm also wondering whether those "repair pens" actually work for polishing out scratches. My wide angle adapter has a smudge that won't clean off, and I've seen those Pens on ebay....but I don't want to screw up my glass.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Jeremiah

Don Palomaki
April 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Check what is available for professional still camera lens cleaning at a quality camera store. That should work as well as anything available. And check the camcorder manual for their suggestions.

IMHO: Availability on e-Bay tells us nothing in terms of effectiveness, just that someone is willing to try sell it, and that lots of things sell on e-Bay

On the adapter, if the smug has objectionable effects you can see in the image, best to try send it to the maker for repair - if it is worth repairing. (Some cheap adapters are not worth the cost to repair, but DYI repairs to an expensive adapter are as likely to make things worse...)