View Full Version : dvrig pro and bogen qr

George Bean
April 22nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
I searched but did not find a definitive answer, I have a dvrig pro and will be purchasing a bogen 503. I would like to have one plate attached to the camera at all times that is compatible.

What quick release plate(s) are interchangeable for the dvrig, bogen 503 and perhaps a monopod?

any suggestions/advice appreciated. THANKS!

Danny Natovich
April 23rd, 2007, 02:37 AM
I searched but did not find a definitive answer, I have a dvrig pro and will be purchasing a bogen 503. I would like to have one plate attached to the camera at all times that is compatible.

What quick release plate(s) are interchangeable for the dvrig, bogen 503 and perhaps a monopod?

any suggestions/advice appreciated. THANKS!

Get a Manfrotto / Bogen 3273, It is same as used on your DvRigPro.

Mount it on your 503 tripod plate and you will have simmilar QR bases on the rig and the tripod.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=3937&A=details&Q=&sku=5566&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Duncan Craig
April 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Just backing up what Danny says
(although he should know - he makes the DvRig!)

I got two 3273 plates.

One of the base units lives on my Vinten ProTouch 10 and the other lives on my Varizoom Hot Head. The camera now fits all three supports without changing the plate on the camera (Tripod , Jib and DvRigPro)

George Bean
April 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM
thanks for the quick replies, ordered the 3273 yesterday.

George Bean
April 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
got the 3273 today all is working well.

the jimmy box does not quite allow enough clearance to the lever for tightening/loosening the 3273 plate but it does work.

thanks again for the info

Doug Bennett
April 28th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Duncan I have a Vinten Vision 3 and the same problem as George. Not enough room to tighten/loosen the 3273 plate. How do you manage it?