View Full Version : zoom h4 with lavalier mic for wedding production...

Mark Leonard
April 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM
hi guys, I'm shooting another wedding this weekend and looking to upgrade my audio capturing. Currently we do a 2 camera shoot just using onboard mics from cams (I know, not exactly the best way but results have been fine). I want to get the zoom h4 and a nice lavalier mic to stick in the grooms pocket and fasten the mic to his lapel. Is anyone using this product for this and can someone recommend a good lavalier mic that would work with the h4. thanks,

Mark

Rick Steele
April 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I can't recommend a mic for the H4 but are you really going to put that monster in a groom's pocket? I'd be curious to hear if anyone has even tried this before.

But if that's all you have I suppose it'll have to do.

Mark Leonard
April 24th, 2007, 01:25 PM
well it doesnt look that big but from doing a little research I dont think I can even connect a lavalier mic to it. so how bout the Edirol R09? it looks a little smaller and I'm guessing someone can recommend a good lavalier mic for it for attachment to a groom's lapel.

Vito DeFilippo
April 25th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Check out the new Zoom H2 as well. Much smaller....

Paul J Carey
April 25th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I was also going to suggest the Zoom H2. http://homerecording.about.com/od/newproductfirstlooks/a/zoom_h2_review.htm

Mark Holland
April 25th, 2007, 06:50 AM
hi guys, I'm shooting another wedding this weekend and looking to upgrade my audio capturing. Currently we do a 2 camera shoot just using onboard mics from cams (I know, not exactly the best way but results have been fine). I want to get the zoom h4 and a nice lavalier mic to stick in the grooms pocket and fasten the mic to his lapel. Is anyone using this product for this and can someone recommend a good lavalier mic that would work with the h4. thanks,

Mark

Have you given any thoughts to using a wireless mic, sent to one of the cameras? Might be a lot easier to handle in post. The H2, H4, Edirol, iRiver, whatever can then be used as a backup system, or at the podium for soloists or readers.

Just my 2 cents!

Good luck!

Mark

Rick Steele
April 25th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I was also going to suggest the Zoom H2. http://homerecording.about.com/od/newproductfirstlooks/a/zoom_h2_review.htmHe's looking for something this weekend. The H2 isn't even availble yet.

If he'd have given more notice I'd have recommended trying to get an iRiver off ebay for $30-$40 and save the bulk of his cash for the H2 when it comes out.