View Full Version : Son of more letus

Steven Dempsey
May 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM
For those of you not getting tired of the same old thing, here's another one minute nature piece :)

All shot with my 100mm Nikon 2.8 lens.

Preset: VIVIDRGB with the following modifications:
Color Gain: 0
Sharpness: 0
HDF: mid

This is my default setting for the Letus.

http://www.pinelakefilms.com/XHA1/sunday_720.wmv

Chris Barcellos
May 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Steven, out of curiousity, are you running image stabilization when you use Letus. Vibration from Letus concerns me sometimes. I can't decide what works out better.....

I will check out latest at home this evening.

Glenn Thomas
May 2nd, 2007, 02:33 AM
Great clip, and I love the music too. You still have a few days that haven't been filmed yet... Look forward to seeing those!

Steven Dempsey
May 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Steven, out of curiousity, are you running image stabilization when you use Letus. Vibration from Letus concerns me sometimes. I can't decide what works out better.....

I will check out latest at home this evening.

Chris, I don't use the OIS to stabilize anything related to the Letus. In fact, I don't recommend you use the OIS at all while using an adapter. The subtle movement of the ground glass will confuse the OIS and what you will see is a huge shift of the target 35mm frame which will show the borders moving up and down, left and right, at random intervals.

Noel Evans
May 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
The subtle movement of the ground glass will confuse the OIS and what you will see is a huge shift of the target 35mm frame which will show the borders moving up and down, left and right, at random intervals.

Get the same thing on my M2 and really is a huge shift.

Toenis Liivamaegi
May 9th, 2007, 05:09 AM
OT: All non-flipped dof adaptors will confuse the optical image stabilization systems because the image is inverted and physical vibration compensation works in exactly opposite direction.

Cheers,
T

Mike Scotchinson
May 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Wow, that is some of the best footage I've seen from a Letus. Which one do you have/recommend?

Emil Habouri
May 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
simply amazing