View Full Version : Highlighting text (changing color) in DVD Artchitect

Floris van Eck
May 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
This question might be very simple but I have read the entire manual and have no idea what I have to do. I have created a menu with text-based buttons. The text color is black. I want it to be red when an item is highlighted. Where do I have to look and how can I achieve this (if possible).

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Floris van Eck
May 4th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I really hope someone can help me with this. I can't imagine it is not possible!

Dave Blackhurst
May 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hi -
This is for DVDA4 - when a text box is selected, at the lower right is the "edit text" button - just to the left of that is a drop down box - click on that, and choose your color.

Don't know which DVDA version you're using (I know Sony has studio/platinum/pro or whatever - long time since I used the "basic" versions but I think it was similar...), but anyhow, there's what to look for - if your text is black, look for a little black rectangle with an arrow next to it!

Hope that helps!

DB>)

Floris van Eck
May 4th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Ok thanks but I think that is not what I am looking for. My text is black. When it is highlighted it must be red, but I cannot manage to get the correct settings.

What I have done now is I have tried to make a photoshop menu in a .psd file. Everyone works fine but I am still having trouble getting it right.

What have I done?
1- Created a background layer named background-01
2- Created a layer with "play" and named it button-01
(text is black)
3- Created a layer with "play" and named it button-01-highlighttrans
4- Saved the file and add it in DVD Architect

The problem is that I still do not get it right. I have watched the VASST advanced DVD arthitect training many times but I just don't get it. In the Training DVD they use an image but I want to use text only. I must miss a setting somewhere. I hope someone can help me out.

Floris van Eck
May 4th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Basically, what I want to achieve is that when a button is highlighted, the color of the text is changed... you can have masks etcetera but they look ugly. You always see some shadow behind it which does not look clean.

So I want to have everything look nice and clean.