View Full Version : Maxon Cinema 4D, experiences?

Lars Siden
May 6th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Hi guys & gals ;-)

Just stumbled over a demo of the above piece of software and was clearly impressed! Anyone here who works with Cinema 4D?

I'm not really a 3D guy... I know what I want, and I need a powerful but yet relatively simple tool to get me there. I have used Caligari Truespace earlier, but I'm not totally pleased with it. Tested a demo of 3D Studio Max - but it felt just too complicated - maybe cinema 4d is "in between" the two?

http://www.maxoncomputer.com/

They do have a nice studio bundle that looks attractive.

Any comments?

// Lazze

Rob Lohman
May 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM
I've heard of it and know a lot of people use it. If it works for you
then by all means use it! As long as it floats your boat and gets
the work done is all that matters.

Stuart Kupinsky
May 6th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I think it's one of the most underrated 3D programs out there. I've used it for a couple of years on and off, and it is terrific. I can't say enough good things about it. Great particle engine, FAST FAST renderer, just great.

Robert Knecht Schmidt
May 6th, 2003, 09:36 PM
I'd never heard of it before. Does the newest release offer global illumination rendering?

Stuart Kupinsky
May 7th, 2003, 03:44 AM
I'm always surprised at how unknown it is. Great radiosity and ray tracing capabilities. Go to the web site and check it out Robert.

ChrisPayne
May 8th, 2003, 08:26 AM
I've only tried a very old version of it - but I was very impressed. If I had the money I've upgrade to the latest version. I find it very easy to use, and you can produce excellent results with it.