View Full Version : Open theme?

Joey Taylor
May 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Dylan, have you considered or would you consider having an "open theme" as the next DVC?

Chris Harris
May 21st, 2007, 12:26 AM
Where's the fun in that? I think it would kind of defeat the purpose of the challenge.

Dylan Couper
May 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Dylan, have you considered or would you consider having an "open theme" as the next DVC?

I'll consider it.
Hmm....
Nah.

:)

Andrew Paul
June 14th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I agree with Chris, not much fun in having a comp where anyone can do whatever they want. Part of the fun is waiting for the theme and then having hardly any time to come up with an idea, shoot, edit and upload.

Dylan Couper
June 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
So who's getting the urge for another DV Challenge?

Jeff Hendricks
June 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
sitting at a desk...arm in the air...hand flapping...."ooooh me me me me."

Jeff

Andrew Paul
June 14th, 2007, 11:21 AM
me me me me me me me me

Just finished 2nd year and have a few months spare. Maybe next one can be made over 2 months ?, 2 Weeks ?, 2 days ?

Count me in anyway, I aint doing the wall this time ............

Fredrik-Larsson
June 14th, 2007, 12:08 PM
So who's getting the urge for another DV Challenge?

Funny... I was just thinking.. isn't it time for a new DVC soon? :)

Chris Barcellos
June 14th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Okay. I'm up for it....

Jonathan Jones
June 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Okay. I'm up for it....

Yeah, me too. I haven't been involved with a DVC since #3 (I competed in 1, 2 & 3) and have only recently finally returned to the land of schedule sanity, so I fully intend to play in the next go 'round. If I begin to waffle as the due date approaches, Lorinda promised to guilt-trip me to keep me on point.

-Jon

Lorinda Norton
June 14th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, me too. I haven't been involved with a DVC since #3 (I competed in 1, 2 & 3) and have only recently finally returned to the land of schedule sanity, so I fully intend to play in the next go 'round. If I begin to waffle as the due date approaches, Lorinda promised to guilt-trip me to keep me on point.

-Jon
Count on it!!! :) It'll be great to have you in on the fun again.

Hey! What happened to the picture of us in Eagle? Was it that bad?

James Huenergardt
June 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Well, since I haven't been able to join the last two, I'm sort of anxious for the next one.

Although, if it's the last week of August or first week or so of September, I won't be able to make it again, unless the theme includes a C-Section (my wife will be delivering kid #2).

So, if we can keep it in July, that would be nice...

Kris Holodak
June 15th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm freed up enough to do any time this summer. And after suffering my first wall of shame I'm eager to redeem myself.

Smile,
Kris

Dylan Couper
June 15th, 2007, 04:16 PM
More thoughts on the open theme...

If people knew in advance it was an open theme, there would be nothing stopping them from shooting it a month early.

How about instead of an open theme, we do a 72 hour challenge? Thursday night to Sunday night?

Lorinda Norton
June 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Yee haw!!! Sounds like a blast. :)

Of course, it depends on which Thursday to Sunday; if it's the wrong one I might be singin' the blues...

Chris Barcellos
June 15th, 2007, 06:18 PM
More thoughts on the open theme...

If people knew in advance it was an open theme, there would be nothing stopping them from shooting it a month early.

How about instead of an open theme, we do a 72 hour challenge? Thursday night to Sunday night?

I'll let you know after I finish a 48 hour one this weekend, starting this evening...... scares me.....

Fredrik-Larsson
June 16th, 2007, 03:47 AM
It all depends on which weekend it is... if it's the next weekend my short will only be about drunk swedes singing silly songs, dancing around and generally just making a fool of themselves... i e we are celebrating midsummer and it's always a big party. :)

But the first 2-3 weekends in july would be ok I think.

Andrew Paul
June 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
hmmmmm .... open theme, problem with this is that people may use footage they have already shot and edited, making it a bit unfair, especially if it is a 3 day competition. Not that I want to say any one would cheat of course, just a small observation on my part.

Be it, open theme or themed, I am ready for the next one ....

Meryem Ersoz
June 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
my short will only be about drunk swedes singing silly songs, dancing around and generally just making a fool of themselves...

that's pretty much the essence of contemporary American comedy, minus the swedes. you could work with that....

Andrew Paul
June 17th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Okay Dylan, you gonna commit to a date for us all to get excited about ?

Max Wilson
June 17th, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'll let you know after I finish a 48 hour one this weekend, starting this evening...... scares me.....

Hehe same here, the 23-24th i am doing a 48 hour one also...