View Full Version : P2 Final Cut Pro Ingestion funkiness

Carole Holli
May 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Hello, if this question has been answered elsewhere, please let me know.

I have shot my projet on the Panasonic HVX and stored the information on the P2 store, then transferred it over to three LA Cie drives. Pretty much everythings ingesting great. However I have had few problems. On a few of the scenes, the show up great in the viewer, but when I Ingest them, the little round circle shows up only half blue. Then, when I go to Final cut pro and play the file, its all herky jerky and wierd-- yet the sound is mostly okay. (of course not on the one that I needed the wild line.)

Has anyone who's experienced this found a way to fix the funky ingestion?

Thanks so much in advance,
Carole

Mike McEntire
May 22nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
The little half blue thing just means that you have chosen a in or out point in your clip before importing. If you have not done that it sounds fishy. Is your system fast enough with enough ram to play the footage cleanly? Those are my initial thoughts.

Carole Holli
May 22nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
The little half blue thing just means that you have chosen a in or out point in your clip before importing. If you have not done that it sounds fishy. Is your system fast enough with enough ram to play the footage cleanly? Those are my initial thoughts.

Thanks Mike,

No. I didn't do that. Plus, it's not just half there, it plays at a different speed than the sound. Where can I go to check and see if for some reason there's an in and out point selected on the clip.

Carole

Mike McEntire
May 23rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
That sounds really strange. I have never heard of that problem. Good luck figuring it out.
Mike

Robert Lane
May 23rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
Carole,

This is a similar problem to what FCP users have been experiencing intermittently ever since 5.1.2. At issue was a bug between how Final Cut sees the original MXF files and does the transcode.

I would suggest that if you still have the original MXF files before Final Cut converted them that you instead use P2 Log Pro or HD Log to make your QT conversions before importing them into FCP. The new Demo of HD Log will allow you to test this theory for free, just goto http://www.imagineproducts.com and download your demo copy.

If you don't have the original MXF files there may not be a way to fix this problem as the corruption is caused by the FCP bug in version 5.1. FCP 6 is supposed to have fixed this bug however I have not tested this yet to know for sure.