View Full Version : How many versions of DVD Architect are there?

Josh Bass
May 22nd, 2007, 12:37 AM
I don't mean number-wise, I mean in terms of how "professional" the program can get.

I do a google search for DVD Architect (I have Vegas, never got DVDA), and all I find for sale is DVD Architect 4 Studio. Is that the highest-end version of DVD Architect, or is there something more expensive with more features? Thanks.

Don Bloom
May 22nd, 2007, 05:38 AM
DVDA has come in 4 versions. 1,2,3, and now 4. Each has more features than the previous. If you go to the Sony site you will find the information about DVDA4-what it has that 3 didn't etc - there is a Movie Studio version which is actually a Lite Version-it has a few fewer features than the full blown version.
'
Don

Josh Bass
May 22nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Is this the full version, then?

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/shopping/item.asp?PID=433&cid=109&disp=1

That's the only thing on the site called "DVD Architect."

Don Bloom
May 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Nope. That's the "lite" version. Any of the products marked as "Studio" is not the full version.

I could be wrong but I thought that in order to get the full version of DVDA you had to get it with Vegas as a package but again I could be wrong about that.

Again I might be wrong about this also but I *think* if you have the Studio or Lite version of DVDA you can upgrade for a fairly decent price to the full version.

Perhaps someone who knows more about that can chime in and let you know for sure.

Don

Josh Bass
May 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
I figured it was the lite version, but I don't want it THAT bad, to get it with Vegas (I already have Vegas).

Does anyone know how much the upgrade from lite to full costs?