View Full Version : M2 Redrock question: Light Loss!!!

Michael Rapadas
May 29th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I just finished a couple of shoots using my HVX with an Micro35. I've been very satisfied with the DOF that I got with it and the detail of focused subjects. However, I am noticing a HUGE amount of LIGHT LOSS!!! People have reported that the M2 redrock reports "barely" any light loss. I have resulted to shooting most of my stuff outdoors for sunlight. This is a huge problem right now! (especially because I'm using home depot lighting :D) please help.

Ben Winter
May 29th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Michael, light loss is an inherent problem with all adapters; the diffusion characteristic of their inner workings calls for about 1-2 stops of light loss on its own, plus the loss from any lens you put on it. The only ways to get around this are to use more light, keep the aperture on the lens at full wide, buy faster lenses, increase the gain on the camera, or don't use the adapter at all.

On the other hand, I have read that people get unusually bad light performance when the M2 is configured incorrectly, so I would recommend contacting Redrock to see what they can do for you.