View Full Version : Mixing the HPX-500 & the HVX-200

Tim Polster
May 31st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Hello,

Just wondered if anybody has seen these two cameras mixed together.

How well do you think these will cut if they are used on the same shoot?

Reality tells me I can only get one HPX-500, but often need more than one camera.

Thanks

Dean Harrington
May 31st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Hello,

Just wondered if anybody has seen these two cameras mixed together.

How well do you think these will cut if they are used on the same shoot?

Reality tells me I can only get one HPX-500, but often need more than one camera.

Thanks
Give it a few more weeks and then you'll start to see some examples of the HPX 500. I would think however that they would work together very well.

Robert Lane
June 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
Part of my what I show in the P2HD Roadshow for Panasonic is a direct comparison between the 200 and 500 cameras using a similar-scene comparison. While the 500 has noticeablely greater detail and better color information the two mix together very well. They have similar noise characteristics since they both use spatial-offset technology but again the 500 is cleaner.

Tim Polster
June 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks.

I would like to see them side by side.

Right now I use DVC-200s and would like to see the DVCpro50 in 4:3 to compare the image quality.

Robert Lane
June 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Tim,

You're welcome to come to any of the Panasonic P2HD Roadshow locations that I'll be presenting at. There's one coming up this week at VMI in Orange County June 6th; Studio Exchange in Burbank June 13th and two more between June and July at other locations. You'll be able to see these clips side-by side for yourself.