Brendan Marnell
June 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Link to short clips edited ...

http://www.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/votacio.phtml?idVideo=15070

... does look better in High Quality version; VLC Player downloads for free

Geir Inge
June 13th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Awesome clips of griffons, Brendan.
Just beautiful to look at, as they glide throught the air.
We don't see these birds in Norway.
Thanks for sharing.

Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje
June 13th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Brendan, looks that you come pretty near them. What focal lenght did you use on the last part?
Your footage is very stable Brendan, nice to watch.

BTW, are they breeding in this area too? Should have been fun to been in that area with my 500mm monster lens. The surrounding scenery is very nice.

Brendan Marnell
June 13th, 2007, 06:22 AM
... We don't see these birds in Norway.
Thanks for sharing.

Geir Inge

Glad you like them Geir. Links to another clip or two should appear in my eventual response to Per's question on this thread.

Bob Thompson
June 13th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Brendan,

I love your clips, just wondering from an editing point of view would it be smoother if you cut to the last shot a bit later ie when their is only one vulture in frame.

Great stuff, await your next lot of video's

Bob

Brendan Marnell
June 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Brendan, looks that you come pretty near them. What focal lenght did you use on the last part?
Your footage is very stable Brendan, nice to watch.

BTW, are they breeding in this area too? Should have been fun to been in that area with my 500mm monster lens. The surrounding scenery is very nice.

Glad you enjoyed that Per. My distance from target in last part of those clips was about 35metres. I always use auto-focus for flight sequences.

To entice you to Crete here's a link to another snippet. I know you saw it before but after seeing it again have a look at 2 images below and note that this clip was shot from the position of the yellow dot on image # 1 except for the landing which was shot in Selinari Gorge, where image #2 was shot ...

http://www.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/votacio.phtml?idVideo=15073

[In the distance on image#1 is the balmy water of the Mediterranean Sea, absolute bliss for swimming in Sept/October ???]

Brendan Marnell
June 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the encouragement Bob.

The final editing of the clips was done by IBC ... that includes giving a title to the final sequence. It was they decided to call it "Two adults soaring". The correct name of the main location is Farangi Rosas; it's not on any map but Mochos, a quiet town nearby with good restaurants, is 15kms inland from Malia, site of the Minoan Palace that took the biggest hit from the tsunami following from the eruption of Santorini. Malia can be found easily on Google Earth.