View Full Version : AG-HPX555 (Jpns version of 500) should be coming in this week, get together

Kaku Ito
June 13th, 2007, 02:51 AM
My company should be receiving AG-HPX555 in a couple of days and a Canon broadcast HD lens on loaner.

The DVi members around Shibuya, Tokyo can get together at my company this weekend to mangle around the cam.

It's located in Nanpeidai, Shibuya (close to Daikanyama).

I will post the details when I receive the camera and the lens.

We have Mac Pro 8 Core with ATTO SAS RAID (500MB/sec) and Decklink HD Extreme installed, so we can do editing and displaying on full pixel LCD, Plazma and HD projector.

I saw Tarantino walking by today in my neigborhood, by the way.

Dean Harrington
June 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I'll return Monday from a shoot out of town and would love to go. Let me know when and where!

Kaku Ito
June 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Okay, since you are not around on this weekend, then I can do it on weekday night. How is that? It's easier for me on the beginning of the next week since the studio is taken for the later days.

Maybe Tuesday night?

Kaku Ito
June 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM
The body is here, but lens would be in on Monday at this point.

Dean Harrington
June 14th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Thanks Kaku ~ tues. OK for me. Let me know if it's good for you.

Kaku Ito
June 14th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Tuesday is fine.
Anyone else want to join, just let us know.

Dan Brockett
June 14th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Hi Kaku:

If you see Tarantino walking by, kick him for me, would you?

I guess he has some talent but he is a wanker.

Dan

Kaku Ito
June 14th, 2007, 09:17 AM
dan, no, I don't want to be arrested.
Maybe I can mistakenly run into him with my mountainbike.

Steve Rosen
June 14th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Kaku: If you can get your hands on one of the CAC lenses I'd love to hear a lens comparison... Might depress me, but knowledge is power...

Kaku Ito
June 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Steve,
I hear that the Canon's CAC compatible lenses are not coming out yet.
When I do, I will let you know.

Kaku Ito
June 18th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I got the Canon HJ11ex4.7B IRSD to try out with the HPX555 today. Thanks very much to Ryohei Sekiguchi from Appex (Canon broadcast lens/Vinten dealer in Japan).

This lens is eHDxs lens and probably don't need CAC? We will see.
I went out with our van and shot some footage while driving down to pick up some stuff. I will post them later.

I only have one 4GB P2 card right now (wating for my 16GB cards) but my Epson viewer backup concept worked and I was able to shoot 4 full cards worth of footage.

By the way, with this Canon broadcast HD lens, I didn't experienced the yellow/green color shift.

Mark Kenfield
June 18th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Hey Kaku, I can't quite make it to Japan at the moment. But if you fancy coming down to Melbourne I'd be happy to take a look at it for you! ;)

Kaku Ito
June 18th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I will post the clip and maybe have iChat session as usual.