View Full Version : More a Windows than Vegas question...

Ian Slessor
June 16th, 2007, 12:18 PM
...but here goes.

Never mind. I figured it out. Geez, I feel silly

Hey all.

Somehow I managed to enable Win XP Pro to autostart a version of Vegas everyime I turn on my capture cam or, worse, when the dang FW connection needs reconnecting. Then I have to sit and wait while Vegas loads another version.

So. How do I get Win XP to knock it the heck off?

Please help. This is annoying.

Thanks for listening.

ian

Edward Troxel
June 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Ian, go ahead and post your solution. There's many people who have checked the "always do this" box and later realized they didn't want to "always do it"!

Ian Slessor
June 17th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Actually Ed, I kind of lucked into it.

If you go into Windows Explorer every removeable drive has a tab under properties that reads "autoplay" and you can change it. Not so with my capture cam.

So here's what I did.

When I connected the capture cam a little dv cam icon appeared in the system tray in the lower right I right-clicked it really fast before it disappeared and then that cursed box came up. I was then able to chose "do nothing" for every time the capture cam comes on or I lose the FW connection.

Really. I've searched and searched and there is nothing out there showing you how to cancel that damned option after you've checked "always do this." At least not for my capcam. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

So, there you go. It worked even if my method is a little, um, embarrassing.

sincerely,

ian