View Full Version : Jumpy Preview

Dan Burnap
June 19th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Hi all, I recently changed my PC and monitor (CRT to LCD) now all my video previews (on the LCD, not previewing on anything else) jumps, when I say jump I mean it suddenly repeats a second or fraction of a second it has just played, eg 1,2,3,4,5,4,5,6,7,8 - hope that makes sense (those numbers are not refering to frames but units of time).

I checked off the preview to DV hardware in PPro options and left everything pretty much default.

I never had this problem before and this new PC is pretty bog standard and by no means under-powered.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

Ervin Farkas
June 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
The most obvious reason is your video card - is it adequate to drive your LCD monitor? Have you checked the settings on your video card?

Is your LCD monitor 4x3 or 16x9?

Dan Burnap
June 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Hi Ervin, thanks for responding

My video card is an ATI Radeon X300 PCI-Express 128mb. Latest driver. The LCD is 16x9 running at 1440x900. It's the same video card I used with the previous CRT (19") which was running at something like 1600x1200 with no problems. Checked the settings and is seems normal....

Ervin Farkas
June 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Well, I guess you only have two options: either check your new monitor on another computer or put your old one back to make sure it's not something in the computer... just thinking with a technician's mind (I fix HD TVs for a living).