View Full Version : Tutorial for building a dolly

Jasper Blunk
June 21st, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Are there any good tutorials [on the internet] for building a dolly?

Thanks.

Stacy Dudley
June 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Here's a video tutorial:

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/segment_detail.asp?sid=186&sortby=&page=1&kwid=0&show=all_videos

Complete with PDF file of parts list.

Stacy

Jasper Blunk
June 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Thank you, Stacy.

Stacy Dudley
June 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
No problem. Digital Juice has a lot of good information. I am in the process of making one myself but I have a slightly different idea.

Good luck,

Stacy

Jasper Blunk
June 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
I was originally hoping for a PDF format overall, not video... but thanks anyway.

I am looking into making a system that has a seat. So the track must be strong. Maybe PVC piping?

Stacy Dudley
June 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM
I was originally hoping for a PDF format overall, not video... but thanks anyway.

I am looking into making a system that has a seat. So the track must be strong. Maybe PVC piping?

It would take an awful lot of weight to do any damage to 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe. Specially when the load is distributed between 4 wheels. As long as you can keep the pipe pretty level I wouldn't see any problem.

There is a pdf file attachment below the video. It's a parts list with a discription of how to assemble it (no photos). I printed it out for keepsake. It's also nice to have on hand when you run to Home Depot. You can also right click and save all the digital juice videos so if you want to view it (or any of them) at a later date you'll always have it available.

Stacy

Cole McDonald
June 21st, 2007, 04:41 PM
we built this as per these instructions...worked like a champ!

Roy Beazley
November 26th, 2007, 01:36 AM
I'm building this thing this week!!!! wow no welding ...that was my biggest drawback.....
thanks for a great link!!!!

Tony B