View Full Version : GL2 and Azden WMS Pro Wireless Microphone

Phil Lemoine
June 29th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Wassup everyone i was sondering if anyone has the Azden WMS Pro wireless microphone system. I hace a Canon Gl2 Right now and wanted to buy a wireless mic. my questions are:

1. do i need an XLR adapter for this system or does it plug right into my mic input?

2. is ther some kind of mount to put the reciever on the camera WITHOUT using the accessorie shoe thing... cause imma use a light,.,.

Phil Lemoine
June 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
how about the Audio Technica w88?

Phil Lemoine
July 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
nada? ....................

Don Palomaki
July 2nd, 2007, 07:50 AM
The Azden system should work OK.

No XLR adapter needed.

Depending on the cable provided, the audio may end up on the left chanel only, you can pan it to both channels in post as necessary.

The Pro 88W should work as well, but hard to say for sure form the limited info on their web site.

Phil Lemoine
July 5th, 2007, 01:11 AM
i ended up going with somethign totally different. i ended up going with a whole new setup..

i got:

Samson Micro 32
Beachtek DXA-4P Audio Adapter
and a Rode NTG-2

now i just gotta find a forum on how to use all this lol

Graham Bernard
July 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
. . Beachtek DXA-4P Audio Adapter

now i just gotta find a forum on how to use all this lol

Before you DO vanish from here, my feeling is that the DXA-4P has its XLR pipe work on the WRONG side for us trying to get at the EXPOSURE Dial, the XLR plug heads, cabling and just generally working on that side of the XM2 - and yes I DO have the DXA-4P!!

I'm now creating for myself cabling, with rotating Neutrik MALE Right-Angled XLR connections, just to get out of the way while I work. Better yet, Beachtek SHOULD have put these sockets on the OTHER side of the box altogether!

Now, go see the "Now Hear this" forum on this fantastic website!

Grazie