View Full Version : HDV preview through camera in PP2?

Toke Lahti
July 2nd, 2007, 01:51 AM
Not working?
How about in CS3?
Cheapest accessories to get it working?
Another graphics card? Video card?

Steven Gotz
July 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
If you mean you sant to see the video on an external monitor, no, that can not be done over the firewire like DV can. Sorry. just not possible.

I use a Matrox Parhelia APVe to do that job, although I am switching to a AJA Xena card which will be a better solution for me.

The NVidia Quadro FX-540 and later versions also have Component outputs that will show the HDV output on a monitor.

Miguel Lombana
August 28th, 2007, 10:05 AM
If you mean you sant to see the video on an external monitor, no, that can not be done over the firewire like DV can. Sorry. just not possible.

I use a Matrox Parhelia APVe to do that job, although I am switching to a AJA Xena card which will be a better solution for me.

The NVidia Quadro FX-540 and later versions also have Component outputs that will show the HDV output on a monitor.

Steve did you ever get the Xena?

Steven Gotz
August 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I did, but I had to wait for a new graphics card, and now I am in the middle of a project so I dare not change just yet.

Peter Ferling
August 30th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I use a Xena, had it for almost a year now. Not one single issue. I recommend the xena vs. a second PC monitor on a dual head card. There is very noticeable time lag (almost two seconds in some instances) in the buffer update. The Xena previews is real time.

Steven Gotz
August 30th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I am actually going to replace a triple head card with a double head card and a Xena.

Do people really still edit with only one PC monitor and an HD monitor?

Marco Wagner
August 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Do people really still edit with only one PC monitor and an HD monitor?

Yes!

nVidia 7900GT Dual head + HDTV out
21" Widescreen Viewsonic
36" HDTV connected via component to my vidcard as second monitor

Can preview HDV with no delay with PPRO2.

Adam Gold
August 30th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Any special settings in either PPro or the NVidia SW to do this? And is this the only card it works with, to your knowledge?