View Full Version : Can captured HDV video be saved in anything other than M2t files?

Jerry Neal
July 20th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Hello,

I need to provide a client with raw footage. He doesn't own a mini dv camera so I need to capture the video to give to him on a hard drive. It also appears that his software (Power Director 5) doesn't support M2t files. Is there another format that I can capture and save HDV files in? I have a Canon XH-A1. Any other ideas as to how I could get this footage to him would also be greatly appreciated.

Douglas Spotted Eagle
July 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Downconvert it to DV on capture, provide him with the original tape. Get him to use an HDV capable editor. Those seem to be the two options.
Power Director 5 doesn't support HD at all, if IIRC, so if it's not in SD format, what's he going to do with it?

Jerry Neal
July 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for your reply... However, I think that Power Director does support HD because this is the software that came with the HD camera that he owns (JVC GZ-HD7). I tried to download the trial version of this software, as I was going to capture the footage with Power Director and then save it to a hard drive for him. It recognizes my Canon Xh-A1, but I couldn't open any of the files. It also won't let me import any of the M2t files into the timeline.