View Full Version : How to add watermark?

Fergus Anderson
July 25th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how to add a watermark to my video using Vegas?

Failing that can I put some text accros part of the video to achieve the same result?

Thanks

Emre Safak
July 25th, 2007, 09:04 AM
That's so easy. Just create a video layer and put some text on a transparent background.

Peter J Alessandria
July 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
That's so easy. Just create a video layer and put some text on a transparent background.

And then lower the opacity of the text track (layer) - or of the text itself in the media generator window. Very easy.

Fergus Anderson
July 25th, 2007, 10:34 AM
thanks chaps thats just what I needed!

Joseph Williams
July 26th, 2007, 12:04 AM
I'm using Vegas Movie Studio, and I just want to add some Transparent Text over a video to prevent someone being able to "claim it as theirs" once posted on an internet site.

I see where I can choose to do Transparent Text, but I want the Text to be over the video, not the video showing through the text.

Ken Diewert
July 26th, 2007, 12:18 AM
It's been awhile, but just add the text (generated media) layer on the top track. position it where you want it, and lower the opacity if you you want. Should be just a text overlay.

Joseph Williams
July 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
lower the opacity if you you want. Should be just a text overlay.

Thanks Ken, but I did what you said and it doesn't allow me to change the opacity.

Mike Kujbida
July 26th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Joseph, move your cursor at the top centre of the text event and you should see it change to a hand with the words "Opacity is 100%".
Now drag it down to the desired level.

Note: this is with the full version of Vegas. I sure hope Vegas Movie Studio has this option.

Joseph Williams
July 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you Mike. This worked.

Mike Kujbida
July 26th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear that Joseph. I'm never sure what Movie Studio has left out that Vegas has which can make it hard (frustrating??) to answer some questions.