DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Amusing DVi meme comes to life on Ebay (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/120189-amusing-dvi-meme-comes-life-ebay.html)

Chris Hurd April 24th, 2008 10:15 AM

Amusing DVi meme comes to life on Ebay

1 Attachment(s)
I've lost track of how many times people have posted here that "they should make a full-size shoulder-mount housing for small camcorders to make them look professional." Sony and Panasonic have actually done this, in the form of the HVR-HD1000 and the AG-DVC15, respectively.

But now here's somebody's home-made attempt at that, which is now on Ebay for about the same price as the camcorder that he put inside of it; the "Docket," custom-made for the HV20 or HV30.

Note: if somebody out there is seriously thinking about placing a bid on this thing, speak up and we'll show you better ways to spend the same money.

For entertainment purposes only...

On Ebay: "THE DOCKET Pro Conversion for HV20"

Doug Okamoto April 24th, 2008 12:43 PM

Wow, it looks so cool! :P

It is a little ridiculous looking. If I were a client, I'd have second thoughts about the job!

Pete Bauer April 24th, 2008 12:57 PM

I got two of 'em for my XL H1 cameras. Now people take me seriously.
Seriously.

Or not.

Doug Okamoto April 24th, 2008 04:54 PM

I take you seriously Pete.

Now get back to work!

Chris Hurd made me sick at NAB

Chris Hurd April 24th, 2008 05:06 PM

Are you sure it was me? I just lost my voice... didn't get sick until the plane ride home.

Doug Okamoto April 24th, 2008 05:56 PM

I lost my voice too. But I almost didn't make it to the plane. I think part of the problem was the dry air conditioned desert air with cigarette smoke in it... I'm still sick, coughing and sore throat. Now my wife has it. Oh joy!

Don't worry Chris, you're just the scapegoat!

Lorinda Norton April 25th, 2008 12:58 AM

I love the Docket! If I was ridiculously wealthy I’d buy that piece of art and give it to my HV20-owning friend as a gift. It would be worth it to see the look on his face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Okamoto (Post 867094)
I lost my voice too. But I almost didn't make it to the plane. I think part of the problem was the dry air conditioned desert air with cigarette smoke in it... I'm still sick, coughing and sore throat.

You didn't drink enough. I did just fine. ;) Seriously, I'm sorry you and your wife are feeling so rotten, Doug. Get well soon.

Greg Boston April 25th, 2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 867245)
You didn't drink enough. I did just fine. ;)

Ahhh, so that's the secret. Guess I drank enough because I didn't get sick either. Actually, I think I was too tired to get sick.

-gb-

Lorinda Norton April 25th, 2008 09:07 AM

So you did get tired! I wondered at times if you were the Energizer Bunny in a Greg Boston suit. :) Even when we came to say goodbye on Thursday you were looking great!

Ervin Farkas April 25th, 2008 01:43 PM

Back to the docket

Looks like a well dressed old, conservative lady.

Ben Winter April 27th, 2008 02:19 PM

My favorite line from the posting...

"...and produce that HD film you always wanted to without investing $8,000.00 or more for a camera that probably wont give you better quality.."

Kyle Self April 28th, 2008 10:30 AM

This just boggles my mind, please tell me there is no one out there who would actually buy that thing.

K

Paul Mailath April 28th, 2008 06:12 PM

Just give me a couple of days and I'll have my own made out of black cardboard & gaffer tape - the CROCket - and the resolution will be just as good!

lighter, biodegradable, comes with extra french flag and velcro to attach, plus a whole sheet of black cardboard with patterns to make replacement parts - at half the price!

Optional extras: roll of heavy duty Gladwrap (Saran) for the underwater version, adhesive RED TWO labels, cap with logo "this guy owns a CROC"

Vito DeFilippo April 28th, 2008 07:06 PM

It's the world's biggest Beachtech!

Sean Donnelly April 28th, 2008 08:15 PM

Don't forget the extension eyepiece for studio mode! Free at the center of every roll of Bounty paper towels!

Rob Evans April 29th, 2008 03:30 AM

I can't believe what I'm seeing !!!

US $845.00 ??!!??

I think I'll order one and get it shipped to the UK - where I'm sure customs will have one look at it and refund import duty in sympathy!!

Kinda reminds me of the bodykit you can buy to convert a toyota MR2 into a Porsche ;-) Looks fine until you hear the engine ;-)

Sean Donnelly April 29th, 2008 06:45 AM

My favorite part would have to be the "Matte Box". I mean the single XLR in is great, but the "Pro matte box" does it for me with its lack of filter trays and top/side flaps. I guess those are so-called "prosumer" features that cost thousands of dollars more and probably won't give you better quality. A letus mini for this camera would cost about the same and actually do something! This reminds me of an eyemo crash housing, hmm...

-Sean

Adam Gold May 3rd, 2008 04:51 PM

Amusingly, after getting no bids, they've re-listed it and doubled the price, but now include the HV20 in the package. But they still can't spell "proffessionl," "wight," "Beautifull" or "ballance" (sic).

There's a confidence-builder.

Dave Blackhurst May 5th, 2008 02:57 PM

If you can't sell your junk, double the price so the perceived value goes up!

I saw that monstrosity and scratched my head real good, they forgot to put that it superimposes an image of the Virgin Mary on all yer video - or was it an "Elvis" screen bug... I dunno, but maybe that woulda improved the $/value ratio!!