DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Welcome to our H-E-double L, Mac users! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/24349-welcome-our-h-e-double-l-mac-users.html)

John Britt April 9th, 2004 12:02 PM

Welcome to our H-E-double L, Mac users!

A day that will live in infamy:

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,63000,00.html

Mac trojan horse. Let the platform war thread start! (just kidding, please don't start a platform war...)

Rick Foxx April 9th, 2004 12:58 PM

<sarcasm>

Yeah!!! Someone besides Apple is writing new software for the Mac!!! Can you say "Market Share"?

</sarcasm>

Ted Springer April 9th, 2004 04:35 PM

This belongs in the rumor forum, man! :)

John Britt April 9th, 2004 05:30 PM

They've updated the story since I first posted it!

Looks like now it really should be in the Area 51 forum...

Jeff Donald April 9th, 2004 08:41 PM

I've talked to several security experts about this today and this is a non-issue at this time.

Nick Hiltgen April 10th, 2004 02:26 AM

While I disagree with any anti mac sentiment I feel obligated to give a shout out to a fellow dawg, sic em....

John Britt April 10th, 2004 10:20 PM

Hey Nick.. congrats on being one of the lucky artistic locals who broke free of the small-town, cheap-beer chains. You ever run into fellow ex-pat Dick Fausset out in Cali?

Just to clarify -- I'm not anti-Mac, I just wanted to welcome Mac users to the daily hell that is being a Windows user. Just a gift-basket to the new neighbors and all :)

Of course, that was before the story was debunked.

Still, I think it's only time before some eager beaver script kiddie tries to tackle the Mac. Unless... it's Steve Jobs behind all these Windows viruses! Now that's a rumor for Area 51! :)

Ted Springer April 11th, 2004 12:20 AM

Nick-

Yo! Yo! Yo! Waaazzzzuuuuppp!!! Waaazzzzuuupppp!!! Master emcee bling bling ebonics king in da DV-Info hizhouse!!! What it is phiggidy G-dawg. This be H-Dawg just giving a shouthizzle to my homies and sistah's in this fasheezi crib. How it be illin Ya'll! Jus up in herr-a gettin my post on if ya naw what I'm sayin' NAAWWW MEAAANNN? Phiggidy Whiggidy Whack! Ya'll This is where it all be dat. Jus' chillin' playin' on da phat stax full of trax that bumpin n grindin the party til its 2 in tha mornin and it don't stop jumpin up loud in dis party. this be the phat cold dope mad house of noize it be mad crazy up in here. Fashizzle my little fizzle tizzles aint dat Jeffthizzle I be scannin in tha texts phool? Yo I give a shout out to ya'll and I must give mad phiggidy PHAT props to my main bruthah of soul John Britt of da Irish House of Pain Clan jumpin around in this house for steppin it to da man upstate. You aight, Fashizzle. We all be lookin out here for ya while drinkin some Krystal for ya, don't let Colonel Sanders get you down. Aight.

Frank Granovski April 11th, 2004 03:02 AM

Just to stay on topic, my cam was buzzing so I squirted WD-40 at it and it started smoking and made the air all stinky. Then I saw a flying saucer with the apple logo on it. So that's it.

Kristopher Mallory April 11th, 2004 03:57 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ted Springer : Nick-

Yo! Yo! Yo! Waaazzzzuuuuppp!!! Waaazzzzuuupppp!!! Master emcee bling bling ebonics king in da DV-Info hizhouse!!! What it is phiggidy G-dawg. This be H-Dawg just giving a shouthizzle to my homies and sistah's in this fasheezi crib. How it be illin Ya'll! Jus up in herr-a gettin my post on if ya naw what I'm sayin' NAAWWW MEAAANNN? Phiggidy Whiggidy Whack! Ya'll This is where it all be dat. Jus' chillin' playin' on da phat stax full of trax that bumpin n grindin the party til its 2 in tha mornin and it don't stop jumpin up loud in dis party. this be the phat cold dope mad house of noize it be mad crazy up in here. Fashizzle my little fizzle tizzles aint dat Jeffthizzle I be scannin in tha texts phool? Yo I give a shout out to ya'll and I must give mad phiggidy PHAT props to my main bruthah of soul John Britt of da Irish House of Pain Clan jumpin around in this house for steppin it to da man upstate. You aight, Fashizzle. We all be lookin out here for ya while drinkin some Krystal for ya, don't let Colonel Sanders get you down. Aight. -->>>

that's the funnest thing i've read all week.

-Kris

P.S. and ummm Keep it real Hommie!

Nick Hiltgen April 12th, 2004 10:40 AM

Ted while that is in fact how I usually converse with my "homiees" in this particular instance I was referring to John's location, Athens GA, which is the home of the University of Georgia (where I went to college) our mascot is the Bulldog, which people call "dawg" spelled that way (perhaps do to years and years of drinking by the alumni) But I appreciate the ebonics "humor" as it reminds me why I left Glendale.