DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   President makes unprecedented NAB appearance (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/24885-president-makes-unprecedented-nab-appearance.html)

Frank Granovski April 21st, 2004 03:52 PM

President makes unprecedented NAB appearance

President makes unprecedented NAB appearance

In a surprise appearance in Las Vegas today, President GWB. Jr. made an important announcement.

"We Americans have been a hundred lines too short for far too long. Our cattle industry has suffered, our oil prices have gone through the roof and our jobs have been outsourced as a result. So today I am announcing we will change our broadcasting system, shooting for nothing less than perfection at last. PAL is, tomorrow's technology today, and we will embrace this bold new future so G_D help us all. With the immediate dismantling of our 60Hz electrical system and implementation of the 50Hz system, we will see the biggest boom to our economy unprecedented in the history of the world!"

One reporter managed to ask a question. "Was SECAM ever considered in your re-election strategy?"

Replying, "That was never considered as an option because Americans would have to study French; and our good neighbours up north have been there and failed."

The president was then whisked away by CIA bodyguards and his re-election aids but not before he winked.

Frank Granovski April 21st, 2004 04:30 PM

It is widely speculated that Powell has not yet been told, because he just bought a new GL2.

Nick Hiltgen April 21st, 2004 04:35 PM

That was great, it kinda seems fitting that a couple of years before we move ot only HD signals we switch to PAL, I wonder if metric is next...

Frank Granovski April 21st, 2004 07:41 PM

Canada's tried Metric too. We switched something like 30 years, but most of us still think in terms of miles and gallons.

Did you know that a Canadian gallon is about 1 litre more that a US Gallon? Oops.

Bryan Beasleigh April 22nd, 2004 11:27 AM

Rumour has it the US will move to the imperial measurement. Benifits will be a 160 oz gallon and bigger pints of beer (20oz)

Ed Smith April 22nd, 2004 02:10 PM

So much for DVIs politics policy:)

I wonder what the kennelmaster will have to say?

Thank g_d for your British PAL's!!!

Frank Granovski April 22nd, 2004 03:35 PM

Re: "So much for DVIs politics policy. :)"

That isn't political, but one can also say the NAB is a political body/org, we've got NAB threads all over here, and even our boss is there right now. :-))

Joe Carney April 27th, 2004 10:03 AM

>>Rumour has it the US will move to the imperial measurement. Benifits will be a 160 oz gallon and bigger pints of beer (20oz)
<<

Be still my beating heart. If only. And maybe they will try to brew Speckled Hen over her now that Sam Adams has sold out and started producing crap beer.