DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Recent MKIII buyer hears about BlackMagic at NAB (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/507130-recent-mkiii-buyer-hears-about-blackmagic-nab.html)

Jacques Mersereau April 20th, 2012 09:15 AM

Recent MKIII buyer hears about BlackMagic at NAB

This is really funny, but maybe not for those who've already plunked down on a MK5DIII. Remember, humor is closely related to pain.

Ramji Meena April 20th, 2012 09:47 PM

Re: Recent MKIII buyer hears about BlackMagic at NAB

Superb , no words to describe the creative way of saying things.Exlellent performance,nicely directed and filmed piece.Very funny.

Andrew Bower April 21st, 2012 01:35 AM

Excellent!

Bruce Watson April 21st, 2012 03:21 PM

ROFLMAO! Seriously.

Glen Vandermolen April 23rd, 2012 08:24 PM

You guys are aware this is a parody of a scene from the movie "Downfall?" It's one of the most popular viral videos. This scene has been parodied with all sorts of different themes, thousands of times. This is one of the latest.

Chris Hurd April 23rd, 2012 11:03 PM

In my opinion the absolute best of the hundreds of Downfall parodies is the one where Hitler laments the hundreds of Downfall parodies.

All anybody needs to do one of these is to come up with the ersatz translation and the subtitles. The only talent involved with these things is wit. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this one scene from Downfall is like the Wilhelm scream of all movie clips. This one's better than most, but I quit laughing at these three years ago after I'd seen my twentieth.

All I can say is, thank goodness I saw Downfall long before this phenomenon took off, so I could really experience genuinely morbid fascination watching Bruno Ganz as he melts into that role. It really is a very good film, and not at all in a feel-good kind of way, I just hope all the countless iterations of this meme haven't ruined the movie for anyone.

Allan Black April 23rd, 2012 11:47 PM

Not for me Chris, Herr Ganz was brilliant and this skit is great .. and more to the point posted here.

Hey this could be the next iteration of this scene, starting off with ..

'As you're a hit with the Allies on the web, their generals have requested you do a dubbed English version of this bit' .. and so on.

Cheers.

Chris Hurd April 24th, 2012 09:04 AM

I agree, Ganz is a brilliant actor and I wonder if he'll ever live down his role in Downfall... it's not the only movie he's ever done, but I'm afraid most westerners will never see beyond that. About this clip, here's an interesting aside from IMDB:

Downfall (2004) - Trivia - IMDb

"Clips from this movie are used in numerous parodies that appear on YouTube in which a scene (usually the one of Adolf Hitler yelling at his subordinates) is re-subtitled to imbue it with unintended comedic meaning. The first such video was "Hitler gets banned from Xbox Live;" other subjects include Nashville's gas crisis of 2008, changes to Epcot at Walt Disney World, the delay of the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, fans' disappointment with the first Avatar trailer, the "Balloon Boy" hoax of October 2009, and Brett Favre signing with the Vikings. Many of the parodies have Hitler yelling at his subordinates about punctuation or spelling errors, in reference to the fact that sticklers for editing are sometimes derided as "Grammar Nazis." In 2010, Constantin Films, which owns the rights to Downfall, started taking down the parodies, arguing that their copyright was being infringed. Shortly thereafter, new parody videos appeared decrying Constantin Films' actions as 'Naziesque.'"

Buba Kastorski April 24th, 2012 09:26 AM

this one probably the best,
but i'll keep my mark3 :))

Robert Lane June 2nd, 2012 08:16 PM

Meine Güte, das vollständig war urkomisch. Der Führer hat Recht: Geschichte ist alles. Wer kümmert sich um Linsen nicht mehr?