DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   New HDV cam: Sony HDR-HC3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/59114-new-hdv-cam-sony-hdr-hc3.html)

Stu Holmes January 25th, 2006 04:04 PM

New HDV cam: Sony HDR-HC3

Details of this new upcoming HDV Sony model have leaked out.

it's basically a smaller, cheaper, lighter HDV camera. Retains most of HC1 functionality. No zoom/focus ring though. 5lux min.illumination, f1.8.
1080i, 25Mbps, weighs about 500grms, looks a bit like new Sony SR100.

rgds

Philip Williams January 25th, 2006 07:43 PM

Looks pretty nice. Very consumer, but nice. I've got to hand it to Sony, they've done a great job of introducing quality HD product at - I can't believe I'm saying this about Sony - reasonable prices. I bet this new cam will street for just over a grand. I'm not a big Sony fan, but glad to see them bringing the price down on HDV.

Man, I can just feel it, Canon's HDV Optura has just got to be around the corner. Man, I know its not how they run things, but would it really kill them to leak a little bit of info? Just a teeny tiny hint?

Jacob Mason January 25th, 2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Williams
Man, I can just feel it, Canon's HDV Optura has just got to be around the corner. Man, I know its not how they run things, but would it really kill them to leak a little bit of info? Just a teeny tiny hint?

I know what you mean, I'd like to see Canon unleash at least 2 different HD/HDV cams at NAB. Same goes for Panny.

Miguel Lombana January 25th, 2006 09:32 PM

That explains why when I was on a few shopping sites yesterday they were showing FX1 and HC1 as discontinued, I thought it was because they were cutting back on their HDV lineup, now it all makes sense.

Philip Williams January 25th, 2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob Mason
I know what you mean, I'd like to see Canon unleash at least 2 different HD/HDV cams at NAB. Same goes for Panny.

You might not want to get your hopes too high for Panasonic consumer HD. I don't remember where, but I recall an interview with a Panasonic honcho and I think he said they'd be entering the consumer HD market in 2007. Actually made sense since Panna appears to be skipping HDV. I'd guess they'll release a solid state Mpeg4 HD cam in 07 then. Man, wish I could remember where that interview was... I think it was a CES article over at www.news.com.

Evan C. King January 26th, 2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

Man, I know its not how they run things, but would it really kill them to leak a little bit of info? Just a teeny tiny hint?

Yes, yes it would.

Wayne Morellini January 26th, 2006 02:49 AM

OK, bit of a surprise, as so many around here thought people crazy fro suggesting that Sony was to release new HD camera to replace FX1.

So this leads to the big question, what is the HC2?

Wayne Morellini January 26th, 2006 02:56 AM

Quote:

I saw a picture of it last year, I might have posted it in news. There are also pictures of the Panasonic prototypes posted here in the last couple of weeks. The Canon looked like a big silvery thing shaped a bit like the present and a bit like the Panasonic barrel prototype.

Kurth Bousman January 26th, 2006 05:11 PM

Chris , time to add this to the hdv forums ? I esp. interested in the slow motion feature. Kurth