DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   The Most Beautiful HD shot seen tonight! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/62965-most-beautiful-hd-shot-seen-tonight.html)

John Kang March 16th, 2006 12:23 AM

The Most Beautiful HD shot seen tonight!

The most beautiful shot I've seen shot in HD tonight is the win by Korea against Japan 2-1!

39,690 people attending the show and the look on Ichiro's face when he realizes that Japan has lost against Korea. Bad Ichiro, making such negative comments against the Koreans.

That moment is pricesless. I don't care anymore if Korea loses or not in the semi-finals, but the definative 2 wins against Japan has stuck a nerve in the Japanese people.

Watching this game makes me want to get my cable or sattelite reception back so I can watch more HD!

Next World Classic, I predict that China will have some strong contenders to worry about. They've felt the sting of losing in the begining and they don't want to lose to Taiwan again.

I better get my rabbit years ready for that high tech HD signals.

Ken Hodson March 16th, 2006 02:41 AM

Let me guess John, your of Korean descent? You sound like me in regards to hockey. It's all good as long as we beat the States ;>)

Jemore Santos March 16th, 2006 05:06 AM

John Area 51

John Kang March 16th, 2006 05:48 AM

Hi Ken,

You are correct, but the issue of nationality wasn't what got me involved at first. It was Ichi's comments that drove me to watch the game.

And when you are emotionaly tied to something, I guess the picture just looks a little bit more sweeter. I'm sure I would have thought it was the ugliest moment in history of HD if Korea had lost. :)

People enjoy HDTV for the clarity of the picture but last night...I truly appreciated what HD has brought. Thank you Japan! I can't wait till SuperHD is brought out. I know Japan has it in the works for a SHDTV system. I think the SHDTV is supposed to be comparable to six megapixels where as todays HDTV is around 2.

If I posted this in the wrong spot, please move this to the right area. :)

Ken Hodson March 16th, 2006 12:21 PM

Ya don't hold your breath for superHD. Most of the world is still SD, and even in the fast adoption markets its still a small percent of the total programing. People are not going to rush out and buy a new format. If we are lucky in the next 10 years it might migrate to 1080p60, but that will be it for a long long time.
As far as the sports talk goes, I think sports broadcast has the most to gain of all media from going HD. Player recognition is a big deal, and we can see them so much clearer. 720p60 allows speed and motion to be captured like we have never seen befor. Amazing high speed detail which is what sports is all about. In my opinion hockey has the most to gain from going HD. Televised hockey has always begged to be shown in 16:9, due to the nature of the games extreem speed up and down the ice. Camera people often had a hard time maintaining any level of zoom due to the speed of the puck. Puck size, is extreemly small and fast (growing up Canadian I instintfully know where the puck is) and many viewers loose sight. HD resolution and 720p60 frame rate make a huge differance.
So what di Ichi say that got you so pissed.

Jack Zhang March 16th, 2006 03:10 PM

Ahem...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UHDV

Xavier Etown March 16th, 2006 04:12 PM

Canada was a disappoint in the Torino games!!! ; )

Ken Hodson March 16th, 2006 04:15 PM

Ya I know Jack. That wasn't my point. The current HD standards we are now JUST beginning to enjoy, were developed ages ago. People don't like to buy new TV's and video recorders very often. In fact other than the introduction of colour, this current shift to HDTV is only the second change ever!

Ken Hodson March 16th, 2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier Etown
Canada was a disappoint in the Torino games!!! ; )

As far as hockey goes, for sure. They didn't build a team that played well on the larger rink. They virtually went with the same team that beat the U.S on the smaller rink in the last games. A mistake for sure. As far as Canada in the over-all Olympics we had our greatest games ever. Good to see we are on an upward swing being the games will be in my back-yard in 2010. Unfortunately those games will also generate a nice huge debt that would be better served going to health care and feeding people. Oh well, thats the world we live in.

Ken Hodson March 18th, 2006 09:51 PM

Hey John, are you watching this last game? 0-0 going to the third. You have me cheering for Korea now. I always like the under-dogs. I'm still not sure what Ichi said though?

John Kang March 19th, 2006 01:25 AM

The worse HD ever :(

Well, I can't say it's bad, HD is still beautifully painful, today.

6-0! The Koreans weren't in fine form today, but the Japanese were doing great. I can't fault them.

You can see Ichi and Oh's comments on the Worldbaseballclassic.com site, under the Japanese section in the archives.

As to UltraHD, well, there is no such thing. High def is just an illusion, you saw nothing. I think Videography magazine had addressed this issue several times. Back before NTSC standard, they had the capabilities to do higher lines of resolution. The NTSC standard won out. They were saying that standard definition as we know it way back when was concidered High def. Japan is working on a six megapixel, and some scientist in the states is using 8 or 11 megapixel ccds to build the world's ultra high def resolution camera.

I'm going to create a new term. It's copyrighted, by posting it on this board, and you read it hear first. HRTV (High Resolution Television.) as well as UHRTV. When the term High Def gets stale, and stagnent, they'll look for a new term.

Oh well, no use crying over a lost game, move on. There's always the World Cup 2006, in Germany. It's still was a great ride 6-1 for Korea. I really wanted to watch the game between Cuba and Korea, though. But then again, I had wanted to see the USA vs. Korea, then Koreas vs Domanican Republic, then Korea vs Cuba.... Next year.

Ken Hodson March 19th, 2006 01:55 AM

Considering the USA, were expected to walk on through, it is turning out great. Who would have thought baseball would be global?

Jemore Santos March 19th, 2006 09:14 PM

John,

Japan just went loose but it was tough all the way to 7th inning.
Ichiro was an idiot for saying things like that...too much confidence in a person like that.

I don't like him but he is a great player

Ken Hodson March 20th, 2006 12:32 AM

Okay, still can't find the Ichi comments. Is is some kind of secret?
I've gone to Worldbaseballclassic.com and looked in the archives but I don't see any with a title that identifies the comments. I'm not reading them all. Somebody post a damn link or tell me what he said. I have to know!

Jemore Santos March 20th, 2006 03:33 AM

ok Ken I don't know if there is a link but this is basically what he said:

"we are going to thrash korea so much it will take them 30 years to get over it" This is my translation from what I saw.

Very cocky, just don't think all the Japanese players are like this.
But I don't know what the manager said maybe John can enlighten us.