DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   Help Us Find Rick Bravo! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/66469-help-us-find-rick-bravo.html)

Rob Lohman May 8th, 2006 02:03 PM

Lorinda: a couple of "the gang" are trying to get me out to Texas, do I need to
add Florida to that list as well? Man, I'd better go around collecting some money :|

Lorinda Norton May 8th, 2006 06:46 PM

Shoot fire, Rob! After you've had your fill of that Shiner Bock just head southeast a fer piece and you'll be in the land of Mojitos. And btw, I'd contribute to the "delinquency of Rob Lohman" fund. You might as well get the full experience as long as you're here. :)

Meryem, there isn't anything that bundle of energy code-named X11-G can't do. But get Rick and him together and you'll really see some antics. It's non-stop lunacy!

Mike Teutsch May 8th, 2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
Lorinda: a couple of "the gang" are trying to get me out to Texas, do I need to
add Florida to that list as well? Man, I'd better go around collecting some money :|

Rob,

There are plenty of us here in Florida to take care of you. Everyone is basically in Miami, Orlando and the Palm Beach area. I am in the middle of everyone. 90 miles to Miami and 110 to Orlando, but about the same travel time, about 1 3/4 hours.

Enjoyed meeting you at NAB and you are always welcome at my house. I used to live in Texas years ago, and would love to revisit there too.

Best of luck my man----Mike

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2006 02:38 AM

Thanks all!

Mike: there are some "rumours" for next NAB. A roadtrip from Texas to Vegas...

We'll see what happens next year. I probably won't be back until next year
unless I win that lotery tomorrow :)

Hugh DiMauro May 9th, 2006 05:24 AM

I knew RB would surface soon. He never lets us down. I'm meeting him in Manhattan next month for some tomfoolery. It'll probably take an act of congress to get him down to South Jersey for a spell. Now, if I can only get my boss to accompany me to the Apple we should all have a Jim-Dandy time in Chinatown and Little Italy. Ahhh yes... espresso, cannoli, a cigar, sidewalk bistro tables in the warm Manhattan air. The last time my boss and I went to Little Italy, we enjoyed the above while watching a fashion shoot across the street. Some magazine ad. There's always something going on. I've come to expect it. That's the magic of New York City. My last visit two weeks ago, I ran into one of Denis Leary's co-stars on the FX series Rescue Me (my favorite Summertime show). He just stood there in front of The Playwright, smoking a cigar. I went up to him and started shooting the breeze (translation: Kissing his ass and telling him how much I liked the show and the whole cast). Friendly guy. You don't get that kind of experience in Hollywood, comrades! New York is the bomb!

I will return with a full report of RB's mental health and welfare.

Rick Bravo May 9th, 2006 06:53 AM

Mental Health?

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schitzophrenic and so am I!

I've taken to wearing aluminum foil caps to protect myself from the invisible rays put out by ray guns cleverly disguised as cell phone towers! I get funny looks from people and I seem to attract an unusual amount of lightning but I'm feeling much better now.

Ahhh...NYC, my home town...can't wait although I don't know if it is quite ready for "Crazy Legs" DiMauro and me.

OH, OH gotta go...they're coming to take me away, haha...

RB

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Thanks all!

Mike: there are some "rumours" for next NAB. A roadtrip from Texas to Vegas...

We'll see what happens next year. I probably won't be back until next year
unless I win that lotery tomorrow :)

A road trip does sound very interesting! Now if we made it on Harleys.............

Greg Boston May 9th, 2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
A road trip does sound very interesting! Now if we made it on Harleys.............

Sorry Mike, my Harley is staying here in the garage while I am in Vegas. Besides, neither it or my #%^ are set up for long rides anymore. (grin)

-gb-

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
Sorry Mike, my Harley is staying here in the garage while I am in Vegas. Besides, neither it or my #%^ are set up for long rides anymore. (grin)

-gb-

Boy, do I know what you mean! I was never much of a cruzzer anyway, always wanted to go fast........too fast! That's why I sold my last bike, but I sure miss it.

Mike

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

A road trip does sound very interesting!

Did I mention Dylan might be involved as well?

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Did I mention Dylan might be involved as well?

All right! Maybe a motor home rental and party all the way there! YA! DVinfo party bus!

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2006 11:54 AM

You guessed right! DING DING DING DING. You've won a drinking contest with Dylan!

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

You guessed right! DING DING DING DING. You've won a drinking contest with Dylan!

Do I get to choose weapons?

Rob Lohman May 9th, 2006 12:14 PM

Sure thing, it's your prize!

Mike Teutsch July 9th, 2006 03:37 PM

Party Bus acquired! Ready for the road trip!

Rob, Dylan, Chris, Lorinda, and all,

Ok, big changes in my future life. Decided to do some serious traveling, so I got my coach! Will start with a trip to midwest, to look for land, and then to Connecticut for the end of my documentary. A bummer, but necessary.

I guess I'll be supplying the party bus for the next NAB, but I can't participate in the drinking contest with Dylan, as I will be driving. OK, I'll have to wait until we arrive!!!! :)

Getting it all ready and stocking it! I'll have to pick up the Shinner in Texas I guess, as I don't see it locally! Everyone respond with their favorites. It 37 foot, a diesel pusher, and sleeps six. Now I just have to get a good RV site close to NAB!

I'll see if the pics get up.

Mike

Lorinda Norton July 9th, 2006 04:08 PM

Oh my gosh, Mike--it's beautiful!!! (love the patriotic touch on the back end there :)

Thank you so much for including me in the greeting, even though I wouldn't be joining in on the road party. ;) Just toss one o' those Shiner Bock bottles (a full one, please) out the window at me. I'm dyin' to try it!

Have a great time land hunting, and I hope all goes well in CT. Stay in touch!

Mike Teutsch July 9th, 2006 04:14 PM

That's a long toss, but I'll try!

Also, I'll be adding my editing system and all, so I call it my MPS, Mobile Production Studio!

mike

Lorinda Norton July 9th, 2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

That's a long toss, but I'll try!

LOL...No, ya big goof! I meant when you're pulling away from NAB in Las Vegas. I'll be one of the folks seeing off the party bus! :)

Lorinda Norton July 9th, 2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Bravo
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schitzophrenic and so am I!

I've taken to wearing aluminum foil caps to protect myself from the invisible rays put out by ray guns cleverly disguised as cell phone towers! I get funny looks from people and I seem to attract an unusual amount of lightning but I'm feeling much better now.

Ahhh...NYC, my home town...can't wait although I don't know if it is quite ready for "Crazy Legs" DiMauro and me.

OH, OH gotta go...they're coming to take me away, haha...

RB

Oh, wait....the crazy part belongs to these guys... :)

Mike Teutsch July 9th, 2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Uhh huh.....If you think I'm touchin' that remark, you're crazy! Hahahah!!!

Uh, I just mean I don't want any broken glass on the ground! :)

Greg Boston July 9th, 2006 11:15 PM

I had kind of forgotten about this thread. Nice going, Mike. She's a beauty! And Rob wasn't kidding. We actually discussed an RV rental to drive from Texas to Vegas next year with a stop to see the Grand Canyon.

If you want to swing through Dallas, I'll be happy to stock up the fridge with Shiner. I'll even happily sit in back and drink it while you drive! (hehe)

Enjoy your new way to see the country. I just bought a camera so RV is out for me right now.

-gb-

Dylan Couper July 10th, 2006 01:08 AM

Mike, that is one awesome rig!
I think the correct term these days is:
Hella-sweet.

Mike Teutsch July 10th, 2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Mike, that is one awesome rig!
I think the correct term these days is:
Hella-sweet.

"Hella-sweet" That's one I have not heard until now, but does sound good!

One of the biggest reasons for the MH, was to make it easier for me to go to CT and finish my documentary. Getting just a camera, tripod and small stuff was a pain by air. Then there are hotel rooms etc.

I'm am going to load all of my equipment into the MH, as there is a ton of storage room underneath and inside. Whenever I travel I will have all of my cameras, lights, audio equipment, and everything else with me. I hope to find people who need some help and go assist them so that I learn more, and it is great fun for me!

So, anyone need some help with a shoot? No need to feed or house me! Equipment list available on request, as I would be too embrassed to list it all here!

I do think this will open some doors for me! Hey Dylan, maybe I'll see you in Canada!

Mike

Meryem Ersoz July 10th, 2006 08:50 AM

i have a truck camper, and one of my favorite things about it is the great shots you can get from the roof. it takes a bit to hoist the heavy gear up the ladder, but it's worth it.

mike, in these parts, we have a moniker for people like you (ahem, and me, i guess...) with the loaded up RV full of toys, we call 'em "fun hogs"--!

enjoy your new toy...

Rob Lohman July 10th, 2006 11:10 AM

I have no word for that thing.... man, sure looks awesome! When I'm in Texas
next year be sure to swing by to pick up the D-man from Canada (we'll be
staying at Greg's), Greg, the kennel meister himself and yours truly!?

Should be a great roadtrip!

I vote we park the thing at the DV Info secret headquarters! Enough room
around there and I'm sure someone can hook us up ;)

Yes Greg, I'll bring the stroopwafels.... :)

Mike Teutsch July 10th, 2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Sounds good to me! Less distance for us to crawl, I mean walk home too! I'll have the frig stocked and the icemaker going strong.

See you all next year.

Cheers-----Fun Hog

Dylan Couper July 12th, 2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

When I'm in Texas next year be sure to swing by to pick up the D-man from Canada (we'll be staying at Greg's), Greg, the kennel meister himself and yours truly!?

Should be a great roadtrip!

Damn Rob, parking that at Secret HQ is an awesome idea! As for the road trip, I might just fly down to Texas for that!

Greg Boston July 13th, 2006 12:09 AM

Quote:

Yes Greg, I'll bring the stroopwafels.... :)

Most excellent, Rob. I will have the Shiner Bock all iced down for you to relax after that long journey.

-gb-

Rob Lohman July 13th, 2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Damn Rob, parking that at Secret HQ is an awesome idea! As for the road trip, I might just fly down to Texas for that!

Might? I think you promised you would come last time we were in Vegas.

I think we may have a witness on that.... ;)

p.s. thanks Greg, that will be much appreciated :D

Jeff Sayre July 14th, 2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Rob, Dylan, Chris, Lorinda, and all,

Ok, big changes in my future life. Decided to do some serious traveling, so I got my coach! Will start with a trip to midwest, to look for land, and then to Connecticut for the end of my documentary.

Mike:

Where in the midwest will you be looking for land? I have some swamp land..

But seriously, I'm in Indiana (near Michigan). If you're out this way, let me know.

Mike Teutsch July 14th, 2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
Mike:

Where in the midwest will you be looking for land? I have some swamp land..

But seriously, I'm in Indiana (near Michigan). If you're out this way, let me know.

Jeff,

Have plenty of swamp land here in Florida, they just won't let you build on it! Dang enviromentalists, I don't mind gators! Starting to look in Missouri, as I lived there years ago and I liked the scenery and the seclusion. Everything is just so crowded and the traffic is getting to be like California here!

If I get up your way I will look you up. Good luck in DV#6, you are in aren't you? I hung on the wall for DV#5, just couldn't get on top of it.

Mike

Rob Lohman July 14th, 2006 02:57 PM

Quote:

I don't mind gators!

Too funny. Nothing too big here luckely, that includes those pesky crawling
things. Anything that goes or can go faster than me (and that includes
other drivers in traffic :) I try to get away from, heh

Frank Granovski July 16th, 2006 05:03 AM

Who's Rick Bravo?

Mike Teutsch July 16th, 2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

Too funny. Nothing too big here luckely, that includes those pesky crawling
things. Anything that goes or can go faster than me (and that includes
other drivers in traffic :) I try to get away from, heh

How boring, nothing to chase you? I actually worry much more about 2 legged preditors!

Mail going out Monday.

Mike

Rob Lohman July 16th, 2006 12:16 PM

I don't mind if (some) women chase me Mike, does that count? ;)

Thanks for the mail Mike!

Mike Teutsch July 16th, 2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

I don't mind if (some) women chase me Mike, does that count? ;)

Glad you put "some" in there. Of course it is always up to how fast you run!