DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/)
-   -   The Mysteries of Area 51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/area-51/72333-mysteries-area-51-a.html)

Jos Svendsen July 26th, 2006 10:41 AM

The Mysteries of Area 51

Musing about Area 51...

It is clearly a downer when your post are moved to Area 51, as this indicates that you are totally way off. But is it then glorios kudos, when the post is removed and reinstated in a bona fide real forum?

I mean ... on my Canon post I also predicted a green flash on mars and that the Denver Bronchos would win superbowl. Is this now official facts?!

If this is the case we all better look out for gigantic football helmets on 3 legs!

Frank Granovski July 26th, 2006 03:44 PM

I don't know about that. I've seen some threads started here and then moved to somewhere else. As for being a downer, yes, Area 51 is right at the bottom from the other forums; and when Chris created it, it quickly became my favourite. It's a good read here.

Mark Kubat July 26th, 2006 08:27 PM

Area 51 - our last hope

I think this forum is crucial - I was desperate for Canon info for months and especially last few weeks - how could all this HDV, AVCHD stuff be passing them by...???

and I got some "satisfaction" here in the last few weeks - especially too when "rumours" became "fact" and even Chris Hurd jumped into the fray with the posting of a pic or two...

So people read this area for sure - and I'm sure a lot of us are glad it's here. It gives people who "know" something a chance to hint as such without maybe getting themselves into NDA hot water - maybe?

Ha ha.

Big round of applause to Chris and co. for keeping on top of things and knowing when to "move" stuff around in a timely manner.

Chris Hurd July 26th, 2006 10:03 PM

Area 51 is an important part of DV Info Net... kind of like an attic (or a basement) where you can put things and keep them out of the way... things you don't want in your living room... until suddenly it's all trendy again and you want 'em back out on the main floor.

It's also for those people who think we don't have a sense of humor around here... we do have a sense of humor, but it's more like a cross between Steven Wright and Jeff Foxworthy, with a dash of Kathy Griffen thrown in.

Tim Goldman July 27th, 2006 06:56 AM

personaly i don't believe in area 51, it's all dvinfo conspiracy.

Chris Hurd July 27th, 2006 08:28 AM

That's the spirit, Tim!

"That burning sensation means the conspiracy is working."

Jeff Sayre July 27th, 2006 11:52 AM

I will neither confirm nor deny that I visit this forum.

Brian Sargent July 27th, 2006 09:31 PM

Please, don't shoot

Why do I always make that wrong turn in Albuquerque?

Frank Granovski July 29th, 2006 04:30 PM

Albuquerque? Being a Canadian I have to ask what state is that? :-)

Brian Sargent July 31st, 2006 09:42 AM

I'm an American

Which means I have an under developed sense of geography to begin with, but I believe that Albuquerque is in New Mexico- also a state out west w/a lot of UFO activity.

Frank Granovski July 31st, 2006 11:39 AM

I was pulling your leg. :-)

PS: I know where Alaska is. It's on top and over to the left of BC.

Brian Sargent July 31st, 2006 05:13 PM

My mother pulled my leg once. Once.

(Love Vancouver by the way)

Frank Granovski July 31st, 2006 06:40 PM

It can be interesting for first time visitors. :-)

Ralph Keyser August 1st, 2006 10:06 AM

New Mexico is sort of the Newfoundland of the US, just without the water.
We keep all the UFO activity down in Roswell, by the way. Otherwise you're constantly dodging spacecraft as you try to get in and out of the airport :-)