DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/)
-   -   Atomos Samurai Right-Angle Mini-BNC to BNC Cable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/atomos-ninja-samurai-shogun/503969-atomos-samurai-right-angle-mini-bnc-bnc-cable.html)

James Kuhn December 30th, 2011 12:47 PM

Atomos Samurai Right-Angle Mini-BNC to BNC Cable

Hi, folks...I am in discussion with a gentleman regarding fabricating a Right-Angle Mini-BNC to BNC cable for use with the Atomos Samurai SDI input connector. Several folks have expressed interest in a Right-Angle 'SDI Out' connector for the Samurai, I thought we might consider a 'group buy'. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, if I have violated a DVinfo rule I will cease right now. I was just curious if anyone else might be interested.

Let me state this right up-front, I have no business interest, nor do I have any relationship, business or otherwise, with the company I called to discus this 'project'. I performed a random search on the I-Net, and clicked on the website, like anyone else.

Best regards,

J.

James Kuhn December 30th, 2011 02:28 PM

Re: Atomos Samurai Right-Angle Mini-BNC to BNC Cable

This may have turned out to be a 'dry well'. I am unable to locate a right-angle, SDI Mini-BNC to BNC connector. If anyone happens to know where we can 'source' this item please share with the group. For now, I think I'll just continue my research.

Take care of yourselves,

J.

Phil Hanna December 30th, 2011 09:05 PM

I would be interested.

Phil

Scott Elkins December 30th, 2011 09:53 PM

Might try these people. I have used them for a number of things. You might have to call them.
Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor

Ed David December 31st, 2011 09:17 AM

I'm in. I'll do it man.

Nate Weaver January 2nd, 2012 09:42 PM

James,

This is the part. The only one I've found, by the way, and I looked for days:

1274566-3 TE Connectivity RF Connectors

David Elkins January 7th, 2012 12:32 AM

Count me in.

Alvise Tedesco March 18th, 2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver (Post 1707036)
James,

Great, thanks!

Scott Imler June 4th, 2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver (Post 1707036)
James,

I have done the same and one has to be careful with the term MINI BNC the samurais are DIFFERENT than people who use the term mini BNC In other words there are now 3 versions at least. Regular BNC , Mini and Samurais which is the smallest .We ordered the ones listed in the link by Nate and they are not the right ones. No fault of Nates as the Mini Bnc term is misleading. I have talked to Samurai directly and they say they manufacture the BNC connectors them selves .(Or have a contracter do them) Why on earth they did not go with Elbows is beyond me.

James Kuhn June 5th, 2012 10:54 AM

Scott...yeah, that's basically what I discovered.

J.

Dave Gosley October 8th, 2012 05:38 PM

If there's an update on this - two of us here would buy right angled fitted cables....

James Kuhn October 8th, 2012 09:36 PM

Re: Atomos SJeromy Youngamurai Right-Angle Mini-BNC to BNC Cable

The only update I have, there is a video on the Atomos website, I believe it's from IBC '2012 that shows Jeromy Young discussing the Atomos products and you can see he's using a 90 degree BNC Mini connector on the unit. I suspect Atomos will eventually offer them for sale. I hate to admit this, but it's probably cheaper for me to wait.

Cheers,

J.

Dave Gosley October 9th, 2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco (Post 1721697)
Great, thanks!

I phoned them (This is the part. The only one I've found, by the way, and I looked for days: 1274566-3 TE Connectivity RF Connectors) and asked for a price on one or two - they said no stock in UK, America will have them and the minimum order quantity is 494 units (why 494 - what an odd number?).

As the price of the unit is £7.77 each the total order value was over £33,000 - and I'd have 493 spare...

that still leaves the large end connection which I'd also like to be a right angle...

James Kuhn October 9th, 2012 10:49 AM

Yeah, Atomos certainly have the advantage of "Economy of Scale".

Regards,

J.

Neil Goodwill February 6th, 2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Imler (Post 1736686)
I have done the same and one has to be careful with the term MINI BNC the samurais are DIFFERENT than people who use the term mini BNC In other words there are now 3 versions at least. Regular BNC , Mini and Samurais which is the smallest .We ordered the ones listed in the link by Nate and they are not the right ones. No fault of Nates as the Mini Bnc term is misleading. I have talked to Samurai directly and they say they manufacture the BNC connectors them selves .(Or have a contracter do them) Why on earth they did not go with Elbows is beyond me.

You're right about there being three different types of mini BNC. There is the DIN 1.0/2.3 as used on the Hyperdeck Shuttle, the mini BNC as used on RF and test equipment, and then there is the smallest (I call micro) as used on the Samurai.
Does anyone know if this is the Atomos micro BNC?
http://www.coax-connectors.com/media...-In-A-Name.pdf