DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Sorry... Another AVCHD Playback Issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/134715-sorry-another-avchd-playback-issue.html)

Kirk Shaffer September 25th, 2008 08:34 AM

Sorry... Another AVCHD Playback Issue

I have read multiple recommendations for playing AVCHD, but can't figure out my issue. I have the following Setup: AMD 3800+ x2 , 1 GB Ram, Radeon 3450. I use CoreAVC 1.6 with MPC and playback 1080p MKV's great with about 30-40% utilization. When trying to playback anything from my Canon HF100 with MPC I get no sound and also playback is quite choppy with 80-100% CPU utilization. The no sound issue is least of my worries as that is probably just a sound decoder I need to enable on MPC. (which one do I need?) However, the video playback issue is quite annoying. I have also tried playing the AVCHD files with PowerDVD however, I receive the same video playback issues but this time with sound. :)

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Kirk Shaffer September 27th, 2008 07:27 AM

Please I am sure someone here can help.

Erik Phairas September 27th, 2008 10:18 AM

maybe the canon has a slightly different flavor of video? Just like sony software doesn't like anything but AVCHD video from Sony cameras.

I'm too new at this to really make a guess. Although my vaio single core 2.4ghz (1 gig ram) will open the files, it only plays them, sort of half window, hard to explain.. like half the frame is overlapped with the other. Crashes soon after...

Possible you are just shy of some resource limit? Not enough free space in memory or some bus bandwidth?

Hopefully someone will have better ideas. :)

Mircea Voinea September 27th, 2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Shaffer (Post 942963)
I have read multiple recommendations for playing AVCHD, but can't figure out my issue. I have the following Setup: AMD 3800+ x2 , 1 GB Ram, Radeon 3450. I use CoreAVC 1.6 with MPC and playback 1080p MKV's great with about 30-40% utilization. When trying to playback anything from my Canon HF100 with MPC I get no sound and also playback is quite choppy with 80-100% CPU utilization. The no sound issue is least of my worries as that is probably just a sound decoder I need to enable on MPC. (which one do I need?) However, the video playback issue is quite annoying. I have also tried playing the AVCHD files with PowerDVD however, I receive the same video playback issues but this time with sound. :)

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!

I strongly suggest to try Nero Showtime 5 from Nero 8. I have issues with PowerDVD with hw acceleration (Nvidia 8600GTS) but Nero plays 1080i clips (from Sony or Canon) with no issue at all, and with 1% CPU utilization.

Kirk Shaffer September 28th, 2008 07:06 PM

Thanks for the help, I will give it a shot.

Marcelo Lima September 28th, 2008 08:24 PM

Did you canon came with Pixela Image software? In my PC it works flawless, like Nero.... (mine is core quad, but the use of CPU is minimal...)