DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Avchd Output After Edit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/135306-avchd-output-after-edit.html)

Marcelo Lima October 6th, 2008 06:10 AM

Avchd Output After Edit

Hello...
I using this equipment for this test: Intel Core 2 Quad, 3Gb of RAM, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Premiere CS3, tsMuxerGUI. software, Canon HG21 videocamera...

I captured footages from Canon HG21 (originally recorded on 1980x1080 17 Mbits) to Blackmagic Intensity Pro using HDMI (compression MJPEG) and edit on Premiere CS3 on the same template.. OK..
Now, i have to export this edit to AVCHD format... In premiere i try H264 BLU-RAY with Dolby Digital, but the m2t cannot be imported on tsMuxerGUI for author the Blu Ray disc compilant (whichh plays on playstation). Anyone know who to export correctly fom avchd??

Thanks..

Larry Horwitz October 6th, 2008 02:16 PM

I thought the tsMuxer program expects to mux 2 elementary streams, a video .m2v file and an audio .ac3 file as inputs.

Larry

Steve Mullen October 6th, 2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcelo Lima (Post 947425)
I captured footages from Canon HG21 (originally recorded on 1980x1080 17 Mbits) to Blackmagic Intensity Pro using HDMI (compression MJPEG) and edit on Premiere CS3 on the same template.

1) Does the Intensity Pro input 24Mbps?

2) What Quality setting are using?

3) A .m2t file is already muxed into a Transport Stream so you can't import it into a "muxer."

I export from Premiere as MJPEG at "95" which is about 200Mbps 4:2:2. Then everything BD or AVCHD is done with software external to the NLE. Do you have Encore?

Tom Roper October 6th, 2008 07:07 PM

TSMuxer is for mpeg2.

Steve Mullen October 7th, 2008 12:47 AM

I wasn't recommending using tsMuxer since, although free, offers neither 5.1 nor menus.

I was thinking of Encore (and SoundTrack) which he may already have with CS3. But, if I remember, Encore only makes BDs. So, I recommend Vegas MovieStudio 9 + MF6 because this combination works with MJPEG which he is already using.

I've used this combination -- as well as Vegas MovieStudio 9 with Nero -- to make both BD and AVCHD discs from:

FCP 5.1.4, FCP 6, iMovie 08, OS X Media Composer, OS X Premiere Pro, Windows Media Composer, Studio 11, and of course Vegas. EZ to make 5.1 soundtracks which really are a critical part of the HD experience -- plus Menus. (If one is burning BD disc, one very likely wants to put more than one "movie" on a disc.)

Using Sony's AVC encoder and their MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder -- with 1920x1080p30 from the coming $2,700 Canon 20+megapixel DSLR -- there is no quality difference between AVCHD and BD discs. They key is clearly Sony's encoders which are worth $90. And, MF6+ has been a solid performer for $60. By spending $150 one gets to keep using their current NLE.

Tom Roper October 7th, 2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 947786)
I wasn't recommending using tsMuxer since, although free, offers neither 5.1 nor menus.

- TSMuxer does support 5.1 audio, actually I think even DD 7.1 and DTS.

- It doesn't support menus or AVC.

All of my collaborations are 5.1 audio, or I wouldn't bother making them.

Marcelo Lima October 7th, 2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 947684)
1) Does the Intensity Pro input 24Mbps?

2) What Quality setting are using?
3) A .m2t file is already muxed into a Transport Stream so you can't import it into a "muxer."

I export from Premiere as MJPEG at "95" which is about 200Mbps 4:2:2. Then everything BD or AVCHD is done with software external to the NLE. Do you have Encore?

1.Actually i have to capture in real time, so i connect by HDMI and i capture using the Mjpeg Codec..
2. I have two options uncompressed video and MJPEG .. (mjpeg is very good and takes like a 1GB per minute of video.. audio pcm..

3I have encore dvd from adobe.. I would like to burn an AVCHD can i do this with Encore DVD..

Larry Horwitz October 7th, 2008 05:57 PM

Marcelo,

I am pretty sure that you would need to upgrade to CS4 to get AVCHD support, and burn AVCHD disks. Or, you could try taking the .m2t file you created in CS3 on a standard red laser DVD as a data disk and play the file on the PS3 directly without trying to author an AVCHD disk. You will need to navigate to the file with your PS3 controller / remote control.

Another option would be to buy an inexpensive program for $70 to $90 U.S. which accepts AVCHD files directly from your camcorder and creates a finished AVCHD red laser disk with menus. You would lose the full editing power of Premiere but your workflow would be simple and you would make completely playable disks for the PS3 quickly.

Larry

Steve Mullen October 7th, 2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcelo Lima (Post 948087)
I have encore dvd from adobe.. I would like to burn an AVCHD can i do this with Encore DVD.

You have to balance the COST of an upgrade to CS4 to get AVCHD support verses the cost of Vegas MovieStudio 9 (about $90) plus MovieFactory 6 Plus (about $60).

All you do is export an MJPEG file from Premiere and import into Vegas. If you want, you can create a 5.1 surround sound mix using Vegas, but you don't need to. Remember, to create a surround MIX you need an audio application that has more than AC3 pass-through or output. You need an application that has "surround panners" so you can place audio in 2D space.

Vegas has the AVCHD and AC3 encoders you need. They are both very high quality encoders.

Now export an AVCHD file from Vegas and import into MovieFactory 6 Plus. If you want, you can add menus, but you don't need to. Now, burn a disc from MovieFactory 6 Plus.

So instead of TSMuxer you use Vegas. Instead of a DVD burning application, you use MovieFactory 6 Plus. The advantages are you keep your current editing flow, you keep your current MJPEG codec (you do NOT need to transcode MJPEG to MPEG-2 to AVCHD thereby losing quality), and have the option of a 5.1 MIX and/or menus.

PS: why didn't you shoot using 24Mbps on your new HG21?

Steve Mullen October 7th, 2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roper (Post 947699)
TSMuxer is for mpeg2.

How does muxing MPEG-2 .m2v and .ac3 create an H.264 with AC3 file for AVCHD discs?

Marcelo Lima October 8th, 2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 948103)
You have to balance the COST of an upgrade to CS4 to get AVCHD support verses the cost of Vegas MovieStudio 9 (about $90) plus MovieFactory 6 Plus (about $60).

PS: why didn't you shoot using 24Mbps on your new HG21?

Actually, i made a little tests only... In my MAC BOOK PRO (2.4 Dual core) i can't watch the avchd files without dropped frames, that's why i didnt shoot yet on 24 Mbits..

In a month i will travel to London, and i will take this camera (that's why i bought this), and i will shoot mainly in 24 Mbits... (the best parts of course heheh)

Steve Mullen October 8th, 2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcelo Lima (Post 948248)
Actually, i made a little tests only... In my MAC BOOK PRO (2.4 Dual core) i can't watch the avchd files without dropped frames, that's why i didnt shoot yet on 24 Mbits.)

Are you saying there is a difference in playback depending on whether you shoot at 17Mbps or 24Mbps?

What are you using to play the video on your Mac?

Tom Roper October 8th, 2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 948128)
How does muxing MPEG-2 .m2v and .ac3 create an H.264 with AC3 file for AVCHD discs?

It doesn't create an h.264.

It creates a mpeg-2 BDMV structure, and tricks the player into thinking it's an AVCHD disk. Otherwise it would not play from DVD5/9 media.

It autoplays with BDMV functionality including chapters, multiple audio tracks, but no menus.

Marcelo Lima October 8th, 2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 948263)
Are you saying there is a difference in playback depending on whether you shoot at 17Mbps or 24Mbps?

What are you using to play the video on your Mac?

I'm using Roxio video toast (and VLC).. I cant watch the videos in full frame rate. As much the videos are, the slow it can get...

I think is a software problem, I DONT KNOW...