DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   AVCHD file audio issue? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/494792-avchd-file-audio-issue.html)

Walt Stagner April 19th, 2011 11:11 AM

AVCHD file audio issue?

When I playback any HD mts file video clip, I get random "clicks" or dropouts in the audio.

I don't believe this is a software issue, so I'm asking if anyone has experienced this and if so what can be done about it?

Behavior is the same when same file is played back on media player. I'm running Win7Pro....you can see my hardware config in my profile.

For example if there was a dropout at 2'26", play the same file back AGAIN, no dropout in that spot but there might be one or more somplace else in the file.

My Panny TM700 HD cam is new and this is one problem that I've never experienced with SD avi files imported from miniDV.

TIA,
Walt

Ron Evans April 19th, 2011 02:09 PM

Re: AVCHD file audio issue?

Does it happen played from the camera? Was the video 60P? What program were you using to playback the file?

I am not sure how many programs can playback60P, 28Mbps AVCHD without some issues.

It is more likely a software, PC playback issue than the camera I think.

Ron Evans

Walt Stagner April 19th, 2011 02:17 PM

Thanks for the reply, Ron.
No, doesn't do that when played back thru the cam. Files are the lowest res HD format that the TM700 supports, not 60p. The audio is a problem when played back via windoze media player OR my Corel Video Studio....any version that I have.

Ron Evans April 19th, 2011 04:29 PM

What other players do you have that you may try. Do you have Cyberlink or Nero? Download a trial of some editing software and see if they play the file.

Ron Evans

Walt Stagner April 19th, 2011 08:30 PM

I have a trial version of Vegas Video HD....just played the vid and it seemed fine. I went and played the same file in Vstudio and it glitched about 2'35' in.....I backed up to 2' in the same file and replayed....no glitch.

I'm sick of playin back the same song but I have to find the anomaly.

I'll try stripping the audio off the vid and see what that does. If there's something intresting there, I'll post a link to the audio file here.

Thanks for responding.
Maybe someday I'll get good at video editing and will be able to charge people for all this time I've invested. :-)

Ron Evans April 19th, 2011 09:06 PM

I expect Vegas is doing a better job of decoding AVCHD so the PC isn`t short of resources. Have you emptied your temp folder recently? Start>run>%temp% then empty contents, do the same for the internet temp folder too. Do you have lots of room on your hard drives?

Ron Evans

Walt Stagner April 20th, 2011 06:56 AM

I have over 400gb of free space. I run cccleaner weekly and cleanup all the things (and more) that you mention.

My research will continue and I'll report back as I learn more.
I'm probly one of the few people that use a cam to record 99.9% music. Recording people/voices, you'd never hear what I'm talk about.