DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Liquid Edition 5.62 Problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/43430-liquid-edition-5-62-problems.html)

Max Woo April 22nd, 2005 10:57 PM

Liquid Edition 5.62 Problems

I recently formatted my PC and re-installed Windows XP Professional with SP2. I loaded all necessary drivers (including latest drivers from the pinnacle website for my PRO card). After which I installed LE 5.62 (also downloaded off their website). After installation and verification of my LE, I attempted to playback the "Start_Pal" project's timeline. Playback was jerky and grainy and plays at 1-5 fps. It occassionally crashes too. I have been using LE 5.62 for sometime with SP1 on the same system before and there was no problems. Please advise. Thanks.

Per Johan Naesje April 22nd, 2005 11:06 PM

Max: Could be your graphic card driver. I heard from others in others forums that this is a problem. So my advise would be: try to find and download a newer graphic card driver.

Good luck!

- Per Johan

Greg Boston April 22nd, 2005 11:50 PM

Max,

I think I read on the Pinnacle website that the newer version 5.62 wasn't necessarily compatible with SP2. I could never get it to intall and then couldn't get my 5.5 to run either. So, what did I do..I bought an Apple and have been happily editing ever since. Got tired of Pinnacle software never working as advertised. I know that's probably not the answer you were lookking for. Do check their website for SP2 compatibility issues.

=gb=

Max Woo April 23rd, 2005 12:45 AM

Wow! Thanks for the fast replies.

Well, I am actually using the latest drivers provided by Pinnacle for the PRO AGP accelerator card. (Radeon 8500) Which can be found at this URL: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppor...06&page_id=860
Thats version "Liquid Edition Pro Display drivers 7.96"

I was thinking of just formatting (Again!) and this time do SP1. But I went to the LE community website and users and even the Pinnacle techs tell me that even though LE 5.62 is not certified for SP2, people have been able to use it on SP2 without problems.

Another question: Are there any differences between those drivers provided by ATI and those on the Pinnacle website for my PRO AGP card. (I was looking at Device Manager and the drivers for the card itself and capture hardware on board the card and it was listed as "Provided by: ATI")

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Johan
Max: Could be your graphic card driver. I heard from others in others forums that this is a problem. So my advise would be: try to find and download a newer graphic card driver.

Good luck!

- Per Johan

So where can I find a newer graphic card driver? Thanks again.

David Stoneburner April 23rd, 2005 11:37 AM

I've been running 5.62 on an SP2 machine with no problems. I don't have the pro card, I'm running an FX5200 nVidia. Go into the firewall protection for SP2 and make sure that you give LE permission to run. I think the firewall protection slows down and stops some of the background rendering, but I'm not completely sure.

Alan McCormick April 25th, 2005 09:29 AM

I se 5.62 (not Pro) - I used to have 5.1 Pro but had so many problems that I ditched the ProCard and replace it with an ATI9800. OK I do not get realtime previews to TV until yellow slices are rendered and had to get an AV/DV converter but I now sleep at night and have learned to live with the change. With 5.62 the slices automatically turn green on completion of rendering anyway so I just do something else in the meantime (no time wasted). I know this is no consolation but is an option you should consider.

btw I have an AMD2500 (1.8GHZ) with 1 gig RAM.

Max Woo April 26th, 2005 05:47 AM

Thanks for all the help. I don't know how but somehow it fixed itself. I hope it won't suffer a relapse and go haywire again.

Mike Cavanaugh April 26th, 2005 08:22 AM

Tip not for the faint of heart!!!!

I have found that Pinnacle Edition (various versions) problems can sometimes be solved with a cold boot (Turning off the power supply to the computer without shutting down) Like I said, this is not for the faint of heart, because you can sometimes create other problems with windows.

Note: Because of Editions instant save feature, you do not lose your project, but it does automatically open a new sequence. You might panic at first, thinking your project is gone, but look in the sequences folder - it's still there.

Use cautiously - your mileage may vary.