DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Importing mp4 clips from EX1R (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/491895-importing-mp4-clips-ex1r.html)

Philip Howells February 17th, 2011 11:51 AM

Importing mp4 clips from EX1R

When I first considered moving to an EX1 it recorded MXF files. Now I have bought an EX1R I find it produces mp4 files at 35mBits/s.

What must I do to import these files into Liquid 7.2?

I've asked on the Pinnacle forum but been ignored.

Samer Aslan February 17th, 2011 12:29 PM

exporting mp4

you must use xdcam ex clip browser and export your clips (mp4) as mxf for nle edit.it comes with your camera (cd xdcam clip browser). and then you can import your mxf files to liquid.
Samer

Roger Van Duyn February 19th, 2011 10:11 AM

Phillip,

I didn't see your post anywhere on the Liquid Forums. It would be hard to miss, since there aren't many posts these days. In the past, I read a discussion in the Chrome forum. Also a user named "Pacquid" had a lengthy discussion about his EX1 and Liquid. Might search under his name.

I'm still using Liquid too. A lot. That feature of sending the timeline to DVD in one step is great for getting all the game footage to the coaches (clients) quickly, as in the next morning.

Philip Howells February 20th, 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samer Aslan (Post 1619163)
you must use xdcam ex clip browser and export your clips (mp4) as mxf for nle edit.it comes with your camera (cd xdcam clip browser). and then you can import your mxf files to liquid.
Samer

Samer

Many thanks. May I trouble you again? I imported the media into Liquid as 1080/50i but got very unusuable clips. The material playback in a very stuttered format and only about 10 seconds of each clip was played even then.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong and I'm also going to follow up Roger's suggestion but do you happen to know the answer. I should add that I have an i5 quad core with 8Gb RAM so my computer normally flies and I don't expect a problem now.

What I would find really useful is a workflow suggestion from importation from the SxS cards to Liquid 7.2 - Once the material's in Liquid I'm home and away.

Philip Howells February 20th, 2011 10:32 PM

Re: exporting mp4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samer Aslan (Post 1619163)
Samer

Samer, presumably the other thing I need and have to buy is the Main Concept plug-in. I did try copying (with MXF conversion) but the copying was very slow and of course the main concept watermark was in the pictures. When I got the pictures into Liquid they looked fine but I was hoping for something quicker.