DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Avid / Pinnacle discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/6176-avid-pinnacle-discussions-2003-a.html)

Simon Plissi April 7th, 2003 05:20 PM

Avid Xpress Pro with Avid Mojo

This looks interesting:
http://www.avid.com/products/xpresspro/

Real-time DV and analogue I/O for desktop and laptops. HW & SW.

FCP4's new RT does sound impressive, and boy am I looking forward to the update, but surely RT hardware can't be beat.

Jeff Donald April 7th, 2003 05:49 PM

Whats New from Avid at NAB? LOOK HERE!

Have has announced several new products. Read Avid's Press Release and tour their site.

Jeff Donald April 7th, 2003 06:17 PM

Take a look at this device for input and output on FCP 4

Richard Alvarez April 7th, 2003 07:31 PM

The Io from Aja is about $1000 more than the mojo box. That's a hefty piece of change. At that point you are looking at one of the other options with Avid's line.

Kevin Boucher April 11th, 2003 01:39 PM

Sounds amazing :)

Glenn Gipson April 17th, 2003 06:52 AM

Liquid Blue Questions

Is Liquid Blue both a hardware and software solution?

About how much is it?

How much hard drive space do I need for 10 minutes of PAL 4:2:2 50mbps MPEG IMX video?

When using Liquid Blue, can I use Serial ATA Raid with MPEG IMX (again, using PAL 4:2:2 50mbps MPEG IMX video), and if not, what type of SCSI drives would I need?

Your answers would be most appreciated, thanks.

Adrian Douglas April 17th, 2003 09:51 PM

Glenn,

Liquid Blue is a hard/software solution. In fact it is a prebuilt turnkey system aimed at broadcast institutions. You probably wont get much change out of $20 000 for it. For the complete details I suggest you e-mail Bonnie Rawson at Pinnacle (brawson@pinnaclesys.com)

Kevin Merker April 23rd, 2003 12:20 AM

Avid ExpressDV and 24p & 24p Advanced Editing w/Panasonic AG-DVX100

I read a news article that Avid ExpressDV with 24p & 24p Advanced Editing capability for source footage from the Panasonic AG-DVX100 is coming. The camera is great! But, dealing with in-sync's Blade 2.1 NLE-----garbage in my opinion. Or Sonic Foundry's Vegas 4 to do editing 24p 24p advanced is a big step backwards. Help me find out when an update will be available from Avid to work in 24p & 24p advanced with the AG-DVX100 with Avid ExpressDV. PLEASE! I'm sure that I am not the only ExpressDV user here.

Kevin

Daniel Broadway April 23rd, 2003 08:51 AM

Avid Xpress DV question.

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out why Avid is de-interlacing my footage without me saying to do so. I use Avid Xpress for color correction on my film, however it keeps de-interlacing my footage when I specifiy it not to. I shot in frame mode, so there is no need for me to deinterlace. It's very annoying. Can someone help me out here?

Richard Alvarez April 23rd, 2003 08:53 AM

That's new to me. Try the avid forum at www.avid.com. Lot's of good help there.

Daniel Broadway April 23rd, 2003 09:07 AM

Actually, I found out that it's because I am exporting with Single Field activated. I don't know how to turn it off. I don't want to use Even or Odd fields option either. I just want to edit in progressive mode. Why is that so hard for Avid Xpress to understand? argh. I will try that, Richard

Jason Rodriguez April 23rd, 2003 10:26 AM

It'll be in the upgrade to Xpress Pro, which is currently $295 for XDV users, and Xpress Pro is slated for release in Q3 2003, so a couple more months. I'm excited about this new release too since it incorporates almost everything from media composer now in a software-only (without mojo) package.

Jason Rodriguez

Richard Alvarez April 23rd, 2003 10:56 AM

Follow the developments of XpressPro on the avid board, at www.avid.com

Looks to be an interesting upgrade. Even without the DNA (digital Nonlinnear Accelerator) MOJO. I'll be bumping for the pro version when it comes out.

(I just love the name game being played between FCP and Avid. First, FCP comes out with a downscale version of FCP and call it Final Cut Xpress, then Avid announces a downscale version of Xpress and calls it FREE. Then they come out with a major upgrade and call it XpressPro! Ahh marketing...)

William Wallick April 24th, 2003 03:11 PM

Panasonic DVX 100 / Avid Xpress DV (live to drive)

I am trying to capture live from my DVX 100 to Xpress DV direct to the hard drive.

XDV will capture video but not audio. I think the problem is a deck configuration issue between XDV and the Panasonic DVX 100.

I can capture live video & audio with a Canon GL1 but when I use the DVX 100 I can only record video. (It is not the DVX 100 camera settings, as video & audio is recorded to tape OK. Also this tape will input into XDV with the audio intact). Puzzling? Does Avid have an updated driver for this camera?

Any suggestions? Would someone with a DVX 100 and XDV try this and see if they get the same result?

Thanks,
Bill
Xpress DV 3.0
W-2000
DVX 100
GL1

Jeff Donald April 24th, 2003 03:21 PM

In what mode are you trying to capture, 24p, 60i etc.? Have you tried different modes? Some modes may not send audio out the FireWire because of necessary delays etc.